ForumsQuestionsBackup/Restore/Export/Import size limits?

Backup/Restore/Export/Import size limits?
DSM

Posted: Oct 15, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Why are there size limits on the backup/restore (or export/import) processes? At the moment, I don't think I'm outside the limit (although you don't give a formula for converting numbers of tasks, etc., to data size), but just seeing the size limits worries me that, at some time in the future, I may not be able to safely backup/restore my Toodledo setup. My thought right now is that I have a wife and daughter who are not very computer literate, so giving them their own Toodledo accounts may be more difficult than just sharing my account and warning them not to do some things. However, accidents can occur and, so, having a reliable backup/restore mechanism would be very helpful (as well as a good way of tracking changes that have been made!). That is why I wonder why the backup/restore mechanism has file size limits. Care to explain and offer ideas?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 17, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
The backup does not have a size limit. You can always backup. The restore has a file size limit because if you try to upload a gigantic file, Toodledo will run out of memory/time and be unable to finish importing the file. If you ever need to restore a backup that is too big, you can contact us and we can help you do it. This has happened, I think, twice in the history of Toodledo, so its very rare to have a restore file that big. In both cases, we helped the user restore the large backup.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.