ForumsQuestionsToodledo iPhone totally blocks my iPhone !

Toodledo iPhone totally blocks my iPhone !
pascal

Posted: Jul 05, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

I upgraded my Toodledo iPhone to the latest version, and now Toodledo has totally blocked my iPhone: when I started Toodledo, it displayed a message "Connect to iTunes to Use Push Notifications ..." with an OK button. When I click "OK", the same message comes again. Clicking the iPhone button has no effect. The only solution I found so far (besides a reboot) : make a dummy call to the phone, which switches to the phone app, and then the home button works again. But I must not restart Toodledo !

Help ! How can I unblock my iPhone and use Toodledo again?
Anders

That is very weird. The only idea I have is to delete and reinstall the app. You may have just gotten a bad installation.

Do you have the iPhone OS 3.0 software on your phone? Also, are you sure it asked you to connect to iTunes for notifications? That doesn't sound right.
pascal

Posted by Anders:
Do you have the iPhone OS 3.0 software on your phone?

Yes

Also, are you sure it asked you to connect to iTunes for notifications? That doesn't sound right.

Yes, it mentions iTunes, which is very surprising. By the way, I don't even know if it means iTunes on the iPhone or on the desktop :-)
Anders

Hmm, My popup may have said that as well, but I really can't remember. However I don't think I did connect to iTunes which I rarely use. I believe when the iPhone says connect to iTunes, it usually means the desktop.

As I said, I can't think of anything else to tell you other than maybe just try reinstalling Toodledo. I have not heard of anyone else experiencing your problem, so it seems like an isolated case. If reinstalling does not fix the situation, you may want to open a regular support ticket: https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 06, 2009
I have not heard of this happening before either. Have you been able to successfully use any other apps that use Push?
pascal

Posted by Anders:
If reinstalling does not fix the situation, you may want to open a regular support ticket: https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php

I did it yesterday, no news since then...
pascal

Posted by Toodledo:
Have you been able to successfully use any other apps that use Push?

I don't know, which apps use this?
In fact, I don't really need Toodledo to push me anything; I upgraded because of other useful things :-)
Anders

There are built in apps like the calendar that use push, but they work differently. I am actually not sure about other 3rd party apps with push. It is brand new, so there are not many. Have you tried turning notifications off to see if that solves the problem. Obviously, it wouldn't help anyine figure out what is going on, but you may want to try it out.
pascal

Posted: Jul 08, 2009
The problem has been solved by Toodledo's support. For information:

The error message was not displayed by Toodledo but by the iPhone software. The root of the error is that push notifications requires explict support from the network, which is not the case of the network I am using with my unlocked iPhone.
tcmail

Posted: Dec 06, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
I have not heard of this happening before either. Have you been able to successfully use any other apps that use Push?

I have just got exactly same situation!!!!
tcmail

Posted: Dec 06, 2009
Posted by pascal:
The problem has been solved by Toodledo's support. For information:

The error message was not displayed by Toodledo but by the iPhone software. The root of the error is that push notifications requires explict support from the network, which is not the case of the network I am using with my unlocked iPhone.

Where to get the solution??? Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 08, 2009
Like Pascal said, to get a Push notification, your cell phone company must support it. If you have unlocked or jailbroken your phone, Apple will not allow your device to receive reminders.
j.carpay

Posted: Jan 03, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
Like Pascal said, to get a Push notification, your cell phone company must support it. If you have unlocked or jailbroken your phone, Apple will not allow your device to receive reminders.

That is not a solution, but just a remark. If you have a jailbroken phone, there is no solution?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 04, 2010
Correct, if you have a jailbroken phone there is no solution for push notifications because Apple prevents it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.