ForumsQuestionsLocation Alarms in iOS and Due Dates

Location Alarms in iOS and Due Dates
SABiltongHunter

Posted: Dec 17, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Maybe I am missing something, but if I turn on the alarms and assign a location to tasks, when I get near that location is tells me I am there, whether there are tasks due for that location or not. Let me try to explain, let's say I have a monthly report repeating task that is due on the 10th of the month, and I assign the 10th as a due date and work as the location, I only want it to alert me when I arrive at work while the task is active or due. Right now, when I arrive at work on the 22nd, it tells me I am near work, although there are no active or due tasks for the location work? Am I making sense and is this the behavior to be expected because then locations is not really valuable with due date tasks, it is just something to remind you then next time you are at that location. Ami I missing something? Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 19, 2016
Right now, the location alert functionality does not apply filters to tasks, so if you have any uncompleted task at a location (whether it is in the future or negative priority or a context that is hidden by a filter) it will cause the alert to fire. In the future, we'll allow the ability to apply filters to location alerts so they don't fire in your situation.
SABiltongHunter

Posted: Dec 19, 2016
Posted by Jake:
Right now, the location alert functionality does not apply filters to tasks, so if you have any uncompleted task at a location (whether it is in the future or negative priority or a context that is hidden by a filter) it will cause the alert to fire. In the future, we'll allow the ability to apply filters to location alerts so they don't fire in your situation.

Thanks for clearing that up Jake, it definitely limits the value of the location alarms, but I am glad to hear it will be addressed in the future. I am guessing you don't want to say when do you :)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.