ForumsQuestionsCloning Broken

Cloning Broken
Salgud

Posted: Jan 31, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
For the first time since I went to the beta, I tried to clone a subtask. Not happening! I cloned it several times, searched for the clones by Due Date, Folder and Task Name, no luck. I did get the "Task Duplicated" message. Please fix asap! It does work with regular tasks and parent tasks.

Edit: I went back to "old" TD, and there were all those clones! They're just not showing in new TD.

Also, I've noticed that the beta does not always show parent tasks that don't meet filter criteria above subs that meet filter criteria, which is how I've set up TD for years. Would like to see that functioning again also.

Thanks.

This message was edited Jan 31, 2017.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 31, 2017
Thanks. We'll look into it.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 06, 2017
Salgud,

I have not been able to reproduce this. I think it may have something to do with the state of your filters.

1) Can you please reproduce this and then let us know what the state of your filters were and what list you were viewing?
2) Can you please reproduce this issue and then press "r" to reload the list (assuming you have keyboard shortcuts turned on) and let us know if the cloned subtasks appear again?

Thanks
Jake
Salgud

Went back and did it again. This time, when I cloned a subtask, it worked fine. But when I cloned a regular task, it showed "task duplicated", but the task didn't appear in the new format. It is there in the old version. Filters are off, Subtasks are set to show indented.

Feel free to go in and look at my data, none of it is confidential.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I think we just fixed this. Can you please try again and confirm?
Salgud

Posted: Feb 07, 2017
I just cloned a task and a subtask, both worked fine. I'll keep you posted.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.