ForumsQuestionsSorting by goals not alphabetical

Sorting by goals not alphabetical
byerun

Posted: Feb 09, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Since Toodledo doesn't support priorities for goals like is done for tasks, as a workaround I put a digit in front of my task names (1- top, 2- high, etc.) thinking if I sorted my Hotlist by goals I would see tasks related to high priority goals on top. However, the order of goals listed was not sorted based on the digits used. Since folders are sorted alphabetically when sorting by folders, I assumed this would also be the case for goals.

Is this a bug, or is there some other criteria used for sorting goals?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Are you saying that you put the numbers in front of the names of the goals or in the front of the task titles?

If I understand correctly, you are sorting your todo list by "goals" so that the tasks are segmented by goal and you want each segment to be sorted by the "goal priority" instead of by "goal alphabetical". is that correct?
byerun

Yes, I put the priority number in front of my goals assuming that when goals are sorted alphabetically they show up sorted by my priority.

But I now realize that the all the lifelong goals show up at top, the long-term goals show up together in the middle, and short-term goals show up at the bottom. Within each of these 3 groups, the goals are sorted alphabetically. So I can partially achieve what I want as long as I place a mental divider between each of these groups if that make sense.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 10, 2017
Yes, and if you have more than 10 goals in a section, you want to have the number in front start with a zero to make it sort properly.

01 Goal 1
02 Goal 2
10 Goal 10
11 Goal 11
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.