ForumsQuestionsHiding Future Tasks - List Should Get Smaller

Hiding Future Tasks - List Should Get Smaller
Alisa

Posted: Jul 09, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Just me again! I have a bunch of routine tasks/sub-tasks. I want to be able to check them off and 1) not have the completed items show on the list and 2) not have the items that I just completed show up as due tomorrow. I want my list to get smaller as the day goes on! LOL! I figured out how to have the completed items from not showing up but even when I have the Hide Future filter on the repeating sub-tasks still show up as "Due Tomorrow." What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Anders

1) Click "Hide Recently Completed" in your filters.
2) There is currently no way to hide tasks due tomorrow (unless you are using Due Date View or a saved Search), but what you can do is use a start date. If you Hide Future Tasks, tasks wil not appear until their start date. You can give a daily repeating task a Start Date that is the same as it's Due Date, and it won't appear until the next day after being completed.
Alisa

Thanks again Anders. When I add the start date do I also put the question mark in front of it as I have for the due date or doesn't it matter?
Anders

You can't use the modifiers on Start Dates, but you don't have to if you repeat from Due Date :)
Alisa

Great! One more question. Is there a way to have the task disappear after checking it off? Right now I have to refresh the view manually.
Anders

You have to refresh the view, but you can do it very eaily if you enable Keyboard Shortcuts in your Account Settings. Then you can just click the letter for the View you are in or the number for the tab you are on, and your data will be refreshed.
Linden

Posted: Jul 10, 2009
Hitting F5 will also reload the page in your browser, for most browsers, if you don't have Keyboard Shortcuts enabled for whatever reason.
Anders

Thanks Linden. I never knew that. I usually use control/r. You just saved me some pressing, and finger stretching :)
Alfred

Posted by Anders:
Thanks Linden. I never knew that. I usually use control/r. You just saved me some pressing, and finger stretching :)

just pressing "r" also works ... as a matter of fact the only 2 shortcuts i recall are:

r = refresh page (after you ticked-off a task)
n = new task

as a matter of fact, after adding a new task i routinly press r, just to get the task from the top of the page into the slot it should go (I am a "due-date" thinker) ;-)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.