ForumsQuestionsMaps (browser) in beta

Maps (browser) in beta
frogboy

Posted: Apr 21, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Maps are still glitchy. Gone from always being placed in Nebraska now then having to scroll to the east, now I am get plonked in Afgnasitan - so have to scroll to the west.

The original maps (non beta) with the red pins was spot on, worked well. Chose a location, it takes you there.

I really use the geolocation feature (visually rather than with alarms) - so while beta has a better interface for most things the maps feature is almost unusable....
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 24, 2017
The way it works now, is that it finds the middle point of all your locations and positions the map there. If you have locations that are all around the world on different continents, its possible that Afghanistan is the midpoint of all those places. I'll look into this and see if we can find a better solution in this case.
frogboy

Posted: Apr 25, 2017
Just placed all my locations as US only. Still not useable. Still zeros on the wrong continent. Try with UK only locations, same again... scrolling, then looses location and you have to start again.

Switching back old version - works fine - so browser/geolocation not the issue.

In my location list, I should be able to select and it automatically zooms to that location like it did before - can also see nearby pins.

An overview option with all locations, centralised view is good, but not useable as you describe.

Also the white tags are confusing especially when you have a lot in a compact geographical area; the red pins were better along with the blue dot to donate current location. Seeing distance from current location in old version doesn't seem to be so obvious in new interface.

The new version of maps is not useable ATM, so will have to refresh to old version for this function.

This message was edited Apr 25, 2017.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 25, 2017
Thanks. We'll work on it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.