ForumsQuestionsHow to sync to desktop

How to sync to desktop
dethornton

Posted: May 09, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
The website says I can sync Toodledo to desktop and to phone. I found the app for the phone and that is working. I can't find the program to download to my desktop. Please advise.
Salgud

Score: -1 Reference
Since you found these forums, you are only a couple of clicks to the desktop. Just click on the downward arrow next to the ToodleDo icon in the upper left corner and select Tasks.
dethornton

I don't understand. When I go to "Tasks" as you've suggested, I'm looking at my tasks on the Internet. I still don't have a copy on my computer that I can access when I don't have access to the internet. To "sync" means that I have a copy on my local computer that synchronizes with a separate copy on the internet. Does Toodledo do this??
Ummagumma

Posted by dethornton:
I don't understand. When I go to "Tasks" as you've suggested, I'm looking at my tasks on the Internet. I still don't have a copy on my computer that I can access when I don't have access to the internet. To "sync" means that I have a copy on my local computer that synchronizes with a separate copy on the internet. Does Toodledo do this??

Not without a fairly expensive and finicky 3rd party tool.

https://www.toodledo.com/tools/directory.php
dethornton

Okay, thanks.
Sabina A.

The Toodledo app syncs with your website account. If you want to use it on your desktop, you will need a 3rd party tool. Toodledo does not have a desktop app. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
c9038281

Posted: May 28, 2017
Thanks for this information. I guess my question then is -

how does one go about using Toodledo without always being connected to the internet?

There are times when internet access is not possible but I still want to be able to update my tasks list and so on. Is this not possible?
Ummagumma

Posted: May 29, 2017
You can invest in a 3rd party tool like gSyncit, if you make it work (I couldn't) your Toodledo tasks will be in Outlook.

Anything you do on mobile devices will be kept offline if there's no access, then update once you're back on.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 31, 2017
There are many offline apps that sync with Toodledo. You can find a list in our Tools section. Also, our site will soon work offline, but we aren't quite there yet.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.