ForumsQuestionsNew Task Notes only use 1/2 the screen?

New Task Notes only use 1/2 the screen?
danielgiles

Posted: Jun 12, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
I'm trying out the new Tasks setup, and see that the Notes field for each task now only go 1/2 way across the page (i.e. click on the note icon, the note appears in a field below the task. In the old setup the field went all the way across the page, now it only goes 1/2). For tasks that have a lot of Note text, this makes it much harder to read as the text wraps. I'm not sure what the benefit of the change is since the area to the right of the note field is blank. Is there any way for me to configure this to use the full page width like it used to?

Also, related question: is there any way I can move the Note icon to the right side of the task? This is how I had it before.

Thanks!
Purveyor

Posted: Jun 12, 2017
With a large screen and a wide browser window, it would be difficult to read Notes if the field was the full width.
(Newspapers and magazines have columns rather than having text across the entire page because it's easier to read a narrow column of text.)
In any case, it would be nice to have a Toodledo setting for the width of Notes.

For the Note icon, take a look here: https://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=9 and unselect "Show note icon on the left".

This message was edited Jun 12, 2017.
danielgiles

Posted: Jun 13, 2017
Thanks for the note; I understand your point about columns, but usually there would be a 2nd column next to the first one; this just has a bunch of empty whitespace to the right of the note area. I'm not sure why they would make that change, but maybe there was a reason.

For the icon: I do have that 'Show note icon on the left' unchecked; it seems to affect my old setup but not apply to the new tasks setup (this is all when I look at the new setup using the 'tasks.toodledo.com' URL). Does it work for you?

Thanks.
Purveyor

Hmm ... the Note icon stays on the left no matter what I do with 'Show note icon on the left'. :-(
pawelkaleta

Posted by Purveyor:
Hmm ... the Note icon stays on the left no matter what I do with 'Show note icon on the left'. :-(

Here is the explanation:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/24595/0/myn-configuration-update-for-the-new-tasks-section.html#end
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We gave the note field a fixed width to prevent it from stretching super wide on large screens and making it difficult to read.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.