ForumsQuestionsWill 2Do sync in background ?

Will 2Do sync in background ?
Ummagumma

Posted: Jun 22, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
2Do developer states that the limitation of Toodledo is preventing them from automatically syncing the tasks. At the same time, they have an article about background sync that is apparently very infrequent.

So, for those using 2Do - will it sync in background (eventually) or is the syncronization strictly manual ? If so this may be a problem for me. I need to be able to enter a task on my laptop and have it alert me on my phone without having to constantly manually refresh.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
There is nothing that I am aware of with Toodledo that would prevent 2Do from syncing whenever they want.
frogboy

Could someone tell the 2Do dev about this? Frequent sync, not manual sync, on the MacOS version of 2Do would be great.

His twitter is @2doapp

iOS version does background refresh...

This message was edited Jun 22, 2017.
Ummagumma

>iOS version does background refresh...

Not frequently, at least it refreshed nothing for over an hour, after which I broke down & changed it to sync with Reminders.

I would kill to have a working automatic Toodledo-2Do sync.
Ummagumma

Posted by Jake:
There is nothing that I am aware of with Toodledo that would prevent 2Do from syncing whenever they want.

Here's what they have on 2Do website:

Automatic background sync is not available as an option. You will have to click on the Sync button each time you wish to sync. This is because Toodledo puts a limit on the number of times a device can sync (along with the number of tasks that it can sync at one time) and will suspend the account if it’s syncing too often.

https://www.2doapp.com/kb/article/which-sync-method-should-i-use.html

Looks like this was last updated in November 2016.

I think it's in the best interests of both parties to have this worked out, since your service and his app really complement each other and if they work properly, more people would be inclined to use Toodledo as well as 2Do. Unfortunately, the Toodledo mobile app is a bit underwhelming...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Our API allows each app to make 1000 API requests per hour, per user. Each API call can edit up to 50 tasks or download up to 1000 tasks. So, each hour you can edit 50,000 tasks or download 1,000,000 tasks before being restricted. We feel like our API restriction is very generous and should allow for any app to sync whatever it needs to sync while at the same time protecting our servers from abuse. I will reach out to 2Do and see if we can work something out.
Ummagumma

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Jake:
Our API allows each app to make 1000 API requests per hour, per user. Each API call can edit up to 50 tasks or download up to 1000 tasks. So, each hour you can edit 50,000 tasks or download 1,000,000 tasks before being restricted. We feel like our API restriction is very generous and should allow for any app to sync whatever it needs to sync while at the same time protecting our servers from abuse. I will reach out to 2Do and see if we can work something out.

Please do ! As I said, there's a real synergy in using 2Do with Toodledo, together they provide an awesome experience.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.