ForumsQuestionsMajor sync issues

Major sync issues
Ummagumma

Posted: Jun 26, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
I just submitted a support ticket.

I have 2do and Toodledo on 2 devices (iPhone and iPad) syncing to the same account.

As of this morning they were all the same.

Earlier today, I switched to the new task layout and immediately had major duplication issues. I reverted back and now I am missing tasks.

As of now, after much syncing / resyncing, my Toodledo on both devices and 2Doon the iPhone appear to have identical information save for one tasks that appears in both Toodledo mobile clients but doesn't sync over to 2Do. However, none of them match website. The 2Do on my iPad matches the website but doesn't match the rest of mobile clients. E.g. my top-level "Work" folder has 14 tasks on mobile but only 1 on the webpage. My Personal folder has major task duplication in both 2Do and Toodledo mobile clients yet no duplication on the webpage.

To summarize:

2Do on the iPhone = Toodledo on the iPhone = Toodledo on the iPad and different from Toodledo web

2Do on the iPad = Toodledo web but different from the rest of mobile clients.

Something is seriously broken.

Need help from Toodledo ASAP !

This message was edited Jun 26, 2017.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Your question is about a 3rd party tool that syncs with Toodledo. Please contact the company that makes that software for assistance.
Ummagumma

Posted by Jake:
Your question is about a 3rd party tool that syncs with Toodledo. Please contact the company that makes that software for assistance.

Jake, no offense but did you even read the original post ?

The tasks in Toodledo MOBILE APPS were DIFFERENT from TOODLEDO WEB. It wasn't just 2Do related.

The Toodledo clients on the iPhone and iPad had the same data as 2Do on my iPhone, but different from what was in Toodledo web. The 2Do on my iPad had the same data as Toodledo web. They were all syncing to the same account. Even taking 2Do out of equation, I have Toodledo on the iPhone = Toodledo on the iPad =/= Toodledo web even though they all sync to the same account. I don't see how that's a 3rd party issue - do you ?

I have since reset the tasks on the web, turned off sync in both Toodledo clients, and used the tasks in my 2Do iPhone app to repopulate the web account. I am afraid that if I turn the sync in Toodledo iOS apps on again, I will end up with the same issues.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
frogboy

Posted: Jun 29, 2017
@Jake did you get any headway with the 2Do developer? If we could have push sync as per most other Mac/iOS/android todo apps that would be great.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 30, 2017
Yes, I am talking with him.
Ummagumma

Posted: Jul 10, 2017
So I am still having sync issues. That's after deleting all data from Toodledo web and 2Do on the iPad, and re-syncing from iPhone at least twice now.

Basically, what I am seeing is that the two 2Do clients stay in perfect sync using Toodledo, yet Toodledo web gets all tasks duplicated at some point and is no longer syncing them to the mobile clients.

Changes made in 2Do on one device sync to another and to one of the two duplicated tasks in Toodledo. Changes done in Toodledo sync only if I hit the "right" taks out of two. It's like the tasks are getting "forked" at some point with only half of them continuing to sync.

I uninstalled Toodledo mobile clients before the last hickup happened. Looking at my account history, it's only 2Do that has been syncing:

Successful signin
Jul 10, 2017 2:55 pm Unknown
Third-Party App Access (2Do for iPhone)
Jul 10, 2017 12:54 pm Unknown
Third-Party App Access (2Do for iPhone)
Jul 10, 2017 12:46 pm Unknown
Returned. Already signed in
Jul 10, 2017 12:30 pm

This repeats day after day after day.

I can't use Toodledo iOS because of the tiny font size.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
Ummagumma

Score: -1 Reference
Already have one since June. #66907.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.