ForumsQuestionsOffline access?

Offline access?
Chris_45

Posted: Jun 29, 2017
Score: 2 Reference
With today's outage, I realised just how reliant I have got on Toodledo, and how panic-stricken and paralysed I was without it!

With that in mind, I was wondering if there are plans or developments with allowing offline access? I believe the mobile site is cached, but what about the desktop version? Does a browser even allow such a thing as this?

A dedicated app which synced regularly would be perfect - I realise that's not very easy to develop though...! But it would certainly give peace of mind

Any thoughts?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 0 Reference
The Notes section works offline. The new Tasks section will work offline very soon. The Habits, Lists and Outlines sections work offline if the browser window is already open with the page already loaded (we are working towards improving this). The rest of Toodledo (forums, help section, tools, etc) are not offline capable yet.

You can also use any of our apps, or any 3rd party apps that sync with Toodledo for offline access.
Ummagumma

TaskUnifier is free and syncs to Toodledo.

I can't get it connected via proxy at work, so I am not using it. I did try it at home, and it seems like a very decent app that covers most of Toodledo's features.

The only thing I didn't like was the startup speed - it's written in Java so if you cold-start it + have it set up to sync on startup that good 10-15 sec before you have task access. But if you just keep it running in the tray, not an issue.

(if anyone knows how to make TaskUnifier work with autoproxy configuration, this would be a great time to pitch in...)
Adrien Beau

Posted: Jun 30, 2017
Posted by Chris_45:
A dedicated app which synced regularly would be perfect - I realise that's not very easy to develop though...! But it would certainly give peace of mind

You've just described the already existing Android and iPhone apps. ;-)
Chris_45

Posted: Jun 30, 2017
Posted by Adrien Beau:
Posted by Chris_45:

You've just described the already existing Android and iPhone apps. ;-)

I already use those, but I don't keep the sync enabled for battery conservation. So once I transfer to using the browser, the todos on my app are out of date.
n4simpson

Posted: Jul 05, 2017
Just tried accessing Notes in Flight Mode. It works a treat! Looking forward to seeing this offline mode enabled in the same way for Tasks. Keeping up the good work Jake.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.