ForumsQuestionsiPod Touch app hanging on startup

iPod Touch app hanging on startup
Clément

Posted: Jul 18, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I've eagerly downloaded the iPhone app (v1.5.1) on my iPod Touch (1st gen, 8 GB).

When I start the app, I see the Toodledo icon on a grey background for 1-2 seconds then the screen turns black (except for the wifi-time-battery line at the top) and stays like that forever until I press the Home button.

* I've tried rebooting and resetting the iPod, as well as reinstalling the app.
* Behaviour is the same with Wifi disabled

Would anyone have any idea about this one ?
Thanks,

This message was edited Jul 18, 2009.
Anders

Do you have OS 3.0? The new version requires it, and Apple seems to have been letting people with 2.21 download it anyway.
clear.annette

So how does one get rid of the v1.5.1 and get back to the older *working with OS 2.21* version?
Anders

Unfortunately, there is not a simple way, and it may even be impossible. See these posts by Toodledo:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/2339/-12816/read.html
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/2445/-12817/read.html
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Unfortunately, Apple is allowing people to download our app onto 2.2.1 devices even thought we told them that it was 3.0 only. We are very sorry about this. We have placed a warning in our iTunes description and are trying to contact Apple about why this is happening when it shouldn't.

The only work around is if you happen to use Time Machine or some other backup system that would have backedup the old Toodledo application that was stored on your computer in iTunes. If you have this, just drag it into iTunes to replace the newer version that won't work on your device.

Or, what we recommend, just upgrade to 3.0. I realized that this costs $10 for iPod Touch users, but it is a relatively small price to pay for the enhancements that Apple provides and to be able to get all the new apps that will be released as 3.0 only in the coming months/years.
Clément

Posted: Jul 19, 2009
Hello,

Upgraded to OS 3.0 and it works. Thanks for the help !
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.