ForumsQuestionsPlease reinstate pasting of multiple lines into "Add Multiple"

Please reinstate pasting of multiple lines into "Add Multiple"
Clare_3

Posted: Jul 30, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
In the old web UI, when you did "Add Multiple" for either tasks or sub-tasks, you got a multi-line text box, and if you pasted in multiple lines, each line became a new task/sub-task.

This was really useful in lots of different scenarios, such as generating the text for sub-tasks from an Excel spreadsheet, or from a programmers editor...

In the new web UI, as far as I can see, you have to 'Press "Return" on each line to add it - if you paste in multi-line text, the newlines are removed, and all the text goes into a single new Task/Sub-task.

Is there a way to past in muti-line text into "Add Multiple" in the new UI that I've missed?

If not, please can the feature be re-instated?

Thanks

Clare
ChristianDiscer

Posted: Jul 30, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Yes! Great suggestion.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 31, 2017
If you paste multiple lines, it should automatically recognize this and split the new lines into the individual tasks. If this isn't happening and you are getting the multiple lines all smooshed up into one task, this is a bug. If you could create a support ticket and attach a screenshot and let us know which browser you are using, this would be really helpful.

Thanks
ChristianDiscer

Posted: Jul 31, 2017
Posted by Jake:
If you paste multiple lines, it should automatically recognize this and split the new lines into the individual tasks

That was a nice surprise! Adding multiple sub tasks, as directed, worked for me using Chrome v60. :)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.