ForumsQuestionsHave the number of tasks displayed been limited?

Have the number of tasks displayed been limited?
Duo

Posted: Sep 14, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

While creating a saved search a few days ago, I noticed that the number of tasks initially visible had been limited.

Depending on how many tasks there are in a view, they are no longer all displayed if they exceed a certain number of results (is it around 100?) .

In my case I had around 590 results in a Saved Search I was creating but I thought it was around 50 because the scroll bars indicated only a few results.

When I eventually noticed and tried to scroll down I had to repeatedly scroll 9 times to reach the bottom of the page.

Similarly when using "End" I had to hit the End button 9 times to get to the bottom of the page.

This change seems to affect normal views as well as Saved Searches.

Is this layout change meant to be permanent?

Is there a way to turn it off?

Here are some of the issues I have with it:
1) Cannot see all results by just grabbing the scroll bar and dragging it once. It has to be repeated multiple times (once every 50 results?).

2) Cannot use "End" to get to the bottom of the page by tapping it once. It has to be repeated multiple times (once every 50 results?).

3) Cannot use browser search (Ctrl-F) to find tasks unless you have first loaded all the results by scrolling to the bottom of the page.

4) Cannot gauge how many tasks there are in the current view from glancing at the scroll bar which, aside from being convenient, was a good indicator of whether or not you needed to scroll down.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This is how it currently works and is done for performance reasons. It would take too long to display all the tasks the first time, you would have to wait several seconds for the list to appear instead of it being instantaneous. We are working to improve this.
Duo

Hello Jake,

Thanks for coming back to me.

While I have to wait when using the old version, I personally don't find it to be a serious issue and I don't currently find the speed in loading in the new version to be worth the trade-offs I listed in my first post. On the other hand I only have around 600 tasks in Toodledo so I have to wait far less than someone with significantly more tasks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.