ForumsQuestionsHow to send received email including attachments to Toodledo?

How to send received email including attachments to Toodledo?
marcemobile_3

Posted: Oct 27, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
Hello All,

I've seen how you can email tasks using your special allocated Toodledo email address to then have it listed in your list of tasks within Toodledo but the contents of that email is sent to 'Notes', displaying the html coding of the email. Not quite what I'm looking for. I'm hoping to be able to basically; forward an email I've received including any attachments to Toodledo and have it listed as an attachment, so that when clicked you can view it as it was in the original email. Along with attachments, rather than plain text html coding. Would this be possible and if so, how can it be done? Thank you.

This message was edited Oct 27, 2017.
Purveyor

Score: 1 Reference
Take a look at the Help topic: https://www.toodledo.com/info/help_email.php

Toodledo does not treat incoming email as attachments. It extracts the email text and puts it in a task's notes.

One reason is that any subscription allows you to add tasks via email but only Gold and Platinum subscriptions allow attachments.
marcemobile_3

Score: 0 Reference
Thank you Purveyor for the link for additional information. Much appreciated. I read the details at that location and did quite a few tests using my personal email address provided by Toodledo.

I'm testing the Gold Subscription and as you mentioned emails are sent to the Notes section and not as a separate attachment. However on further viewing the web I found an interesting suggestion. In using a 'virtual printer' app ie PrimoPDF to send the email to my printer and selecting the virtual printer which then saves the email as a pdf file. Which once saved can be attached to Toodledo Tasks using the normal method of choice.

Really interesting and it works! Its a slower process but it means html emails can be attached to a task and viewed as it would normally appear in your email.

Thank you for your time in the meantime, Purveyor.

Kind Regards, Marcia

This message was edited Oct 27, 2017.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.