ForumsQuestionsSync problem (iPad, iPhone, Web)

Sync problem (iPad, iPhone, Web)
bandit

Posted: Nov 18, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
I have Toodleldo on my iPhone, iPad and the Web. The majority of my activity is done via my iPhone, followed by my iPad, followed by the website. Recently I couldn't find some tasks in the iPhone app that I know I hadn't deleted, so I checked my iPad app and they are listed there. The tasks listed in my iPad app seem to be correct (the "missing" tasks are there - or at least the ones I realized were missing), so the total number of tasks listed in my iPad are higher than what's on my iPhone and the website (the total number on the iPhone and website are the same). How do I sync everything to match what's on my iPad? (I now feel that I need to download all of my tasks into a file so I can make sure I all of the tasks end up in all 3 places!) Thank you!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 20, 2017
It sounds like the filters on your iPhone are hiding that task. I would check to make sure your filters are the same.

If not, then you can try these steps: https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=76

Also, if you want to download a backup of your tasks, you can do this in the account menu in the top right corner under the "Backup" section.
bandit

Posted: Nov 20, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
Thanks Jake. It's not my filters, as none are "on". I had previously found the article you provided the link to, but want to update/sync both the web and iPhone versions to what's on my iPad, since that has more tasks listed, and this process didn't seem to allow me to do that. For now I'm going through item by item to find what's missing.
Jen

Posted: Nov 21, 2017
I have also had this happen to me on and off with an iOS app and a dsktop and it was also suggested to me that my filters were set differently on the different devices, but they were not. Oddly enough, this seems to happen to me for periods of time, and then it will resolve itself. Unfortunately, this makes me lose trust in either of my 2 list locations.
jimk222

Posted: Jan 08, 2018
So this is an issue that just cropped up for me today 1/8/2018. Ipad isn't updating to the web strangely enough.
jimk222

So tasks on iPad and iPhone apps are in sync but website is still outdated significantly. However a list update I made on the web made it through to the iPad and iPhone. Tasks still seem to be broken.

Anyone else having syncing issues with the website all of a sudden?

Thanks
jimk222

I cleared my cache in Safari for just Toodledo and it solved the problem. Interesting it wasn't a problem yesterday.
M

Posted: Jan 10, 2018
I'm not sure if it's related, but I had an issue where my ios app task and "old" task layout were correctly updated, but the "new" task layout was not.

Which tasks layout are those of you noticing this problem, using?
wbardallis

Posted: May 06, 2018
I'm having a similar problem syncing tasks/task notes where multiple devices (iPhone and 2 PC's) don't keep in sync. They don't automatically sync when I enter changes to a task. Sometimes, they update when I log off and log on (but not when I refresh the browser or re-click a task), but not always. I'm reviewing setting, but don't see anything that should stop the 3 devices from always syncing. It's very frustrating because I like Toodledo very much, but now I'm concerned that I can't trust the sync.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 07, 2018
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
shelbyp

Posted: May 08, 2018
I can confirm jimk222, clearing the browser cache on the mobile devices provides some relief (I am using website on android not the app since I had sync issues with the app). This garantees that the website viewed from a laptop and the on the mobile will be the same, but even after this cache clear, the mobile devices randomly get out of sync. so to be 100% safe, clear cache and use the mobile device for read only consultation and make modifications on the website.
cj

Posted by Jake:
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks

1. There are a LOT of people complaining about this ... so WHO are you asking to write a support ticket?
2. This is clearly an issue for a lot of people - but instead of fixing it, you are putting the burden on the users to spend even more time creating a support ticket (for your convenience?
3. so....if no one creates a support ticket - does this mean you will never fix it?'

Sorry - but this is the first time I've been completely turned off and alienated by Toodledo.After 10 years, you're starting to sound like an anonymous big company who sees customers as more of a nuisance to be dealt-with, than as the people who pay the bills.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have not been able to reproduce the syncing bug that people are reporting, so we need more information from the people who are experiencing this bug. This is why we are asking people to create support tickets, so we can have a one-on-one discussion and try to figure out what these users are doing that is triggering the bug.

Ive been trying everything that I can think of for weeks to try to reproduce the bug, but so far my browser remains totally in sync, so its hard for me to figure out what is going wrong. If you are encountering this issue, please open a support ticket so that we can gather more information. In the ticket, please put as much info as you can to describe how it is getting out of sync.

Thanks
viaixtapa

Posted: Aug 03, 2018
Score: 2 Reference
For me it was the filters. I don’t know how they got “off” but I checked and fixed them. Hope this helps someone else. They are found under the Show down arrow on whatever list is open.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.