ForumsQuestionsToodledo does not accept tasks for dates after 01/02/2018!

Toodledo does not accept tasks for dates after 01/02/2018!
martinbusse

Posted: Dec 20, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I have some tasks which are repeated and I do not need them during Xmas holiday. But if I put them to a date next year they are lost. By now, I can not add ANY task to a date later than 2nd of january 2018 (neither a new nor a repeated, which should come up than again by automatic repeat).

Please help...

Best regards, Martin
martinbusse

Ok, my tasks are there if i add them, but not visible on the website after 01-02-18 (except some old ones), they are only visible on my ios device...
Purveyor

Take a look at your settings for Future Tasks: https://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=13

Also, here's a relevant Help topic: https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#77
martinbusse

Posted: Dec 21, 2017
Thanks,

but that does not help - no tasks after 3rd of january (+1 day to yesterday, only the next 2 weeks are visible). Changing the hide time for future taks does'nt help either.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 21, 2017
Im pretty sure you have the "Hide future tasks" filter turned on, which is why those future tasks are not visible right now.
martinbusse

Posted: Dec 22, 2017
I'm sorry, but that did not help. If I ad a task für 5th january, I cannot see it in the web app. It's exactly 2 weeks, the "Hide future tasks" filter ist at 6 months (!)
fj_1354212223

Posted: Dec 25, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
I'm experiencing something odd; it may or may not be related to this. Basically, repeating tasks are acting in a bizarre manner, with start and due dates not getting extended as they should.

Example: Create a task to repeat daily from completion date, with a "start date" of today (12/25) and a "due date" of 12/27. When I click the "complete" box and reload the screen, it moved the start date to 12/24 and the due date to 12/26 -- a day EARLIER instead of a day later. It also generated a completed task, as it should.

So far, I've tested this with repeats daily, every week, and every two weeks, always with "From Completion". All act strangely. Various combinations of start/due dates behave differently, all after completing a task. The problem occurs in both the web version and the iOS app.

If you create a task with "Start date" and "Due Date" as today's date, and "repeat daily from completion", it works as expected when you complete the task. However, if both are set for "tomorrow", completing the task doesn't change either of them.

Maybe it's me and holiday Egg Nog, but I've been a paid Toodledo user for years and I don't remember things working this way. If I'm somehow off, I apologize.

Anyone else seeing this?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 27, 2017
It sounds like the repeating tasks are working correctly. When you set a task to "repeat from completion" it will ignore the due-date and repeat the task based on the day you check it off. So if you have a daily task that is set to "repeat from completion", the new due-date will always be tomorrow. One day ahead of the day you completed it. The start-date will be updated to maintain the same leadtime from the original due-date. If this is now what you want then choose to have the task repeat from the due-date instead, which will cause the due-date to move forward one day at a time.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Regarding the tasks being hidden 2 weeks into the future. This is definitely related to the filter. Please read up on the links that Purveyor posted. Tasks that start in the future, or are due far enough into the future will be hidden when you have the "future tasks" filter turned on.
pawelkaleta

Posted by Jake:
Regarding the tasks being hidden 2 weeks into the future. This is definitely related to the filter. Please read up on the links that Purveyor posted. Tasks that start in the future, or are due far enough into the future will be hidden when you have the "future tasks" filter turned on.

This is good example showing why it would be good idea to have info presented for the user which filter is currently turned on or off and which filter is actually filtering anything. Right now you have to click on eye-icon each time to check what is on and off (really hard to understand why such important info is hidden all the time, not mentioning Android app where it's even worse), and there is no info which filter makes some of tasks hidden.

Please consider separation of eye-icon into individual dedicated and self-explanatory icon for each main filter. There's plenty of unused space out there.
fj_1354212223

Posted: Dec 28, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
I am definitely aware of the future filter, as well as the completed task filter.

However, I didn't realize that they aren't universal settings. In other words, when I turned those filters off, I thought they stayed off even as I changed views. Not true, I discovered. Thus, I thought the filters were off when in fact they were on, which is why I thought some tasks vanished.

Thanks for the assistance and especially to Jake who got the privilege of dealing with my struggles via a support ticket.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.