ForumsQuestionsiCal import - file is empty

iCal import - file is empty
MomsL8

Posted: Jul 24, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
What am I doing wrong? My iCal export is 1 MB exactly, and when I import it into Toodledo, it tells me the file is empty.

I have RTM tasks correctly synced and I was able to subscribe to Toodledo in GCal properly.

But I'm missing something with my most important need - to have my iCal To Dos on Toodledo -

Can anyone help?
Anders

I believe that the 1MB limit is somewhat approximate and it also depends on the number of items (at least it is that way with the CSV import). I know you can split a CSV file and import it in pieces, but I don't know anything about the iCal format, and that may be difficult. Since it is telling you the file is empty, that may not even be the problem. You may want to send Toodledo a copy of the iCal file to see if there is anything wrong with it, but keep in mind that basic subscribers only get two support tickets.
MomsL8

Thanks. There are only 10 tasks in that calendar, but the calendar itself is quite large with events. I cannot split an ics file apart - that's the frustrating part. I did send the file and a ticket to Toodledo, so I'm hoping to get an answer. Thanks for that reminder! If anyone else has this issue, I'd love to hear how it was solved! How fast does support respond?
Anders

Toodledo should get back to you within a couple of days, though I don't think the weekend counts.
MomsL8

Ok - I got it to work. I deduped my events, and then selected delete events older than 365 days.

I thought the import just took the tasks. It takes all the calendar events also?

I have to go and check off complete for all the appts in my calendar.

Does that sound right?
Anders

Toodledo handles tasks with dates associated as events in the iCal import/export. So if you export your Toodledo data as an iCal, tasks with Due Dates will be events, and as you have seen the reverse is also true.

If you don't have any other tasks with dates attached to them, you should be able to delete all your events through search and multiedit: http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php

I don't use Apple iCal, but I would think they would have a task-only export.
MomsL8

I'm about 6 mos. new to iCal. I don't see a TASKS only export. But I'll read that link you posted. Thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.