ForumsQuestionsURL scheme x-devonthink-item:// not working in Toodledo notes

URL scheme x-devonthink-item:// not working in Toodledo notes
Martins Tasks

Posted: Feb 23, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
When I want to click on a pasted Devonthink link (in a note on Toodledo.com), then the link does not work. Example: x-devonthink-item://8BE6C8C1-6749-4D43-BD86-94D7064F6EE3 -- only the characters after and including the 2 slashes show as a link. I tried this in various other (and older Chrome-based browsers and there too, it did not work). I also checked Safari and there it did also not work. Heck, even in the new Firefox this does not work. When I put the Devon link into the address field of Vivaldi, then it WORKS!

Is this an issue with Toodledo? When I paste a Devon link in the app Things (macOS) then it beautifully resolves and opens the folder in DEVONthink.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 23, 2018
When you put a link into a note, Toodledo has to do special handling to turn these things into clickable links. The part in front of the // is called the "scheme" and Toodledo only supports a handful of the most popular schemes. "x-devonthink-item" is not one that we support at this time. Sorry
Martins Tasks

Posted: Feb 24, 2018
Score: 1 Reference
Hi Jake, I respect your decision and priorities, But please put DEVONthink on your list – it's a popular and powerful organizational tool. http://www.devontechnologies.com/products/devonthink/devonthink-pro.html

This message was edited Feb 24, 2018.
frogboy

Posted: Feb 24, 2018
Devonthink links work fine in toodledo if synced to the 2doapp on mac or iOS
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.