ForumsQuestionsFilter options on Saved Searches

Filter options on Saved Searches
M

Posted: Feb 28, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
I know this has been discussed, but I don't know if it's been resolved (I did search the forums, but couldn't find the specific answer I want).

Can I save the FILTER OPTIONS (which tags, hide future, etc.) with a SAVED SEARCH?

It seems that the filter options are always whatever-I-set-them-to-last. So, if I'm just viewing tasks and am messing with my filters, then I switch over to a saved search -- any filters that were in effect when I saved my search are NOT necessarily in use.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 01, 2018
Yes, you can do this, but you need to first go into your account settings and turn on the "Save sort preferences on a per-list basis" option under "Behavior Preferences"
M

Already on, and has been on.

I modified my searches, change the filters to wrong and then right again, then re-saved my search, and it seems to be sticking.

Thanks
M

Criminy - I take it back. I swear I switched back and forth and it seemed to hold my filter options (NOT sorting, tag selection, hiding of future, etc.).

Now, however, I changed the settings on a search, went to the OTHER search, and the 2nd search had the filter settings of the first.

So - still a problem, for me.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 02, 2018
Is this on the new Tasks section or the "classic" tasks section?
fiona.c

Posted: Mar 04, 2018
Score: 1 Reference
I'd like to be able to save different COLUMN displays for different searches.

As far as I can tell, every view has the same columns.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 05, 2018
Yes, this is not currently possible. The columns are a per-account setting. Sorry.
M

Posted: Mar 06, 2018
Jake, sorry for the delay. I believe I was in "classic" tasks.

I select a search, click Modify, click Search, change my filters, click Save Changes.

I select a different search, go thru the same steps (but changing to DIFFERENT filters).

I go back to the first search, and check the filters -- they are set as I set the SECOND search.

I just tested the corresponding steps on the "new" tasks section, and get the same results.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 06, 2018
Try using the new Tasks section. I'll put this on my todo list to test out also.
M

Posted: Mar 07, 2018
I did try the test in the new section - same (bad) results there, unfortunately.
M

Posted: Mar 24, 2018
This remains a problem.
M

Posted: Jun 14, 2018
This remains a problem, after 3+ months. Am I the only one? I have to reset my filters every time I switch to a different search.
Olivir2018

Posted: Jun 15, 2018
If by filters you are referring to the eye icon (e.g. filtering contexts), then I believe these are not saved per view. So what you see is actually intended behaviour.
M

Posted: Jun 15, 2018
So Jake's answer on 3/1 was wrong? I can save sorts, but not filters?
darkpollo

Posted: Aug 21, 2018
Any solution for this?
Is it possible to save the url link or something so the filters are saved too?
Anant G.

Posted: Aug 21, 2018
Hi, right now its not possible to save the filters. Those settings are saved for the complete account. I will look into this, thank you for your suggestion.

This message was edited Aug 21, 2018.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.