ForumsQuestionsMain task view shows up collapsed

Main task view shows up collapsed
jlquinn_2

Posted: Apr 01, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
Recently (in the last couple weeks?) I notice that when I load the Toodledo web page, my main view shows up with all tasks collapsed, showing only importance levels. I can expand with 'w' but I want the expanded view by default.

Is there a way I can fix that? Is it a setting I missed? Is there a bug?

Thanks
Jerry
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 02, 2018
In the menu on the right side of the blue bar above your list, you can change your preferences to having the dividers collapsed or expanded by default.
jlquinn_2

Posted: Apr 08, 2018
Score: 1 Reference
I think I found it. There's a drop-down menu to the right of the sort selector just above the Quick Add Task text field. There are entries Open All Dividers and Close All Dividers. Selecting the Open All dividers menu entry seems to have done it.

However, if this menu is how I set a default, that fact is very unclear. When I looked at it, I thought it was just a toggle, not a control to set a default.
I also spent a bunch of time looking around everything in Profile and Settings and couldn't find an option to set the divider default. The FAQ doesn't give this info either.

Please consider improving the label in that menu to be clearer that a default is being set. Also, it would be good if these display settings were accessible through Account Settings -> General Settings -> Tasks -> Display Preferences. Currently this one is not.

A related concern I have is that you have 2 separate menus on the right hand side. First is the upper right one with access to many things about your account, organization, help, etc. Next is the lower one that twiddles a few display preferences. It seems to me that it would be good for these to be merged, or for other display preferences to show up in the lower menu as well. It would also help to have a hover text over the lower menu to say something like Display Preferences.

Thanks for continuing to evolve the gui. I love that it continues to improve.

Thanks
Jerry
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 11, 2018
Thanks for the suggestions. The Account menu in the upper right is where you mange account level settings and other tools on the website. The action menu below this (when in the tasks section) is for altering frequently changed display settings for the to-do list. This is why we keep them separated.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.