ForumsQuestionsHotlist and defining criteria

Hotlist and defining criteria
Anthony_Taylor

Posted: Apr 16, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
I have set up the hotlist to be emailed, but although the hotlist seems like a good idea, I am getting lots of tasks which are over 6 months away.

I set it up to give;

3 status
due today or older
stared.

This is returning my wedding anniversary and buying a gift for the wife which is not due until October. I read somewhere in the forums the settings are an 'ANY' but showing everything regardless of time seems to make the hotlist useless.

How can I set the hotlist to only give me level 3 tasks which are about due?

Regards

Anthony
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 16, 2018
It sounds like you want to make a custom hotlist. You can do this with the "Saved Search" functionality that we have.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php
Anthony_Taylor

Posted: Apr 17, 2018
Can I then have that custom search automatically emailed daily?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Unfortunately, that isn't currently possible.
rkempton

I have a similar question. I want my 'hotlist' to show I have the settings at:
- Has a priority of '1 Medium' or higher
- Has a due date in the next 0 days

But I am still seeing tasks with due dates a few weeks from now.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!
Anthony_Taylor

Posted: Apr 19, 2018
@rkempton.. you are doing nothing wrong. The hotlist is an "ANY" set up, so any of the criteria is met the hotlist will show it. I have some high priority tasks(e.g. wife birthday) which is over 6 months away showing up.
rkempton

Posted: Apr 20, 2018
Thanks for that 'any' clarification.

I tried using 'start date' instead of 'due date,' and the future 'start dates' don't seem to be showing - so that may be the remedy.

Thanks,
Purveyor

There's a Help topic: What is the hotlist?:
You can control what makes it into your hotlist by editing your account settings. You can pick a priority, status, star and a due-date leadtime. Any task with a priority greater than the priority that you have chosen will appear on your hotlist. Any task with a due-date within the leadtime that you selected will appear in your hotlist. If you have selected the star or status options, then those tasks will appear as well.

There is an exception to the above rule. Tasks with a future start-date will be hidden from the hotlist regardless of their priority, due-date, status or star.

This message was edited Apr 20, 2018.
Anthony_Taylor

@Purveyor thank you for the information. I have now sorted the hotlist. Basically I added a start date for anything which falls into the hotlist criteria.

A feature request;

please make the hotlist a user defined search, this would make the list so much more useful.

regards

Anthony
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.