ForumsQuestionscreating new todo in the new Task layout – keyboard friendlyne

creating new todo in the new Task layout – keyboard friendlyne
eykanal

Posted: May 04, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
In the previous layout, the following works just fine:

*) Hit "n" for the new task layout
*) hit tab to put keyboard focus on the different dropdowns (I have context, folder, and a few others), type on the keyboard to select the item (e.g., for context "work" I can just type "w" and work is selected)
*) hit tab a few more times to the "save" button, hit return... done!

In the new layout, I can still hit tab to put focus on the different "dropdowns", but typing doesn't select anything. Looking at the dev pane, it appears that the SelectMenu isn't even present until a keyboard click on the appropriate Cell (in this case, CellContext). This is a real barrier to quick keyboard navigation in the site. Is there any way to have the SelectMenu always be present but hidden until the user clicks on Cell?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 04, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
In the new layout you can still use the keyboard. The difference is that you need to press the "space bar" to open a menu to edit a field. So press the tab key as many times as you need to to select the field you want to edit, then press "space bar" to open the menu and then you can continue to use the keyboard to enter the information that you want to enter into that field.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.