ForumsQuestionsMaking an Inbox folder as default for new task

Making an Inbox folder as default for new task
Proximo

Posted: Jul 29, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I create an inbox folder (GTD) for all my new task to go into by default until I am ready to process them later.

There was a bug when adding new task via. Twitter. The new task will go into the "No Folder" even when we have the "Inbox" folder set for new task.

The task created in Toodledo would go into "Inbox" but mobile task would not.

Just wondering. I still have 48 days, 7 hours, 17 minutes and 42 seconds before I can get my iPhone.

Not that I am counting or anything.
Anders

Posted: Jul 29, 2009
New task defaults set in your Account Settings do not apply to tasks added remotely (email, twitter, FF addon, etc.). Toodledo has said they plan to make the defaults more universal. This is one of the reasons I use No Folder as my inbox.
Proximo

Posted: Jul 30, 2009
Thanks for the update Anders. I guess I will stick with the No Folder.

Why not rename No Folder to "Inbox"

It makes perfect sense even for Non GTD users. Everything you add as a task can be seen as an Inbox item.

I just turned this post to a Suggestion. oops.

I bet most user would prefer Inbox over No Folder
Anders

I think a GTD mode for Toodledo would be cool. It could rename No Folder as Inbox, and make it the first Folder in your list, or at least allow it to be reordered like the other Folders.
Maybe it could also turn parent tasks into official Projects somehow too (I suppose just renaming Folders as Projects would be the easier way to go, but that would not satisfy many users).
Vin Thomas

I think calling No Folder "Inbox" would be a good move for those who are looking for a GTD system. It might even be little things like that that trigger retention with GTD minded folks.

I don't think it's a huge deal, but I like the terminology anyway.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.