ForumsQuestionsColor Task

Color Task
Proximo

Posted: Jul 29, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
It would be nice if I can color my task based on Status or other triggers.

I would like to see all my "Next Actions" in Red for example. My "Delegated" task in Blue, etc.

It helps when looking at a full list of task.
Vin Thomas

Score: 0 Reference
I agree. Color coding is great. I like the way Checkvist does it. But I created a userscript to make it possible in TD via priorities, and due-dates.

You can download the script here: http://tr.im/tdthm
S

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Proximo:
It would be nice if I can color my task based on Status or other triggers.

Task coloring is vitally important. Any plans to add this capability, here and on the iPhone?

- S

This message was edited Jul 29, 2009.
Proximo

Posted: Jul 30, 2009
Vin,

Thanks for sharing your scripts as usual.

I don't use Priorities because I practice GTD and decided to stick with the GTD way after using priorities for a while.

This is one of those GTD things that took me some time to adjust to, but now I love not having them. A couple of questions.

Is there a way to use the script to change task colors based on Status?

Can I still use the script with due dates, even if I don't use Priorities?
Vin Thomas

Hmm...I think you could do this pretty easily by finding out the class names for the different statuses within TD. I would do it for you, but I am SLAMMED for work right now.
Anders

I may look into this, but no promises. I have never done a user style. If I can figure it out, I would love to make styles to allow color coding by Priority, Status, Due Date, and Folder (might be more difficult). I like the Priority and Due Date color coding in Vin's them, but I would prefer different colors for the priorities, and something a little less pink for overdue. The thing is I really like Vin's dark theme. I wonder if there is some way I could run the dark theme in stylish, and then have color coding scripts running at the same time in Greasemonkey...
Vin Thomas

You can just load the script into stylish and edit it from there. That is how I created it.
kenbeyond

Posted: Aug 01, 2009
Posted by Vin Thomas:
I agree. Color coding is great. I like the way Checkvist does it. But I created a userscript to make it possible in TD via priorities, and due-dates.

You can download the script here: http://tr.im/tdthm

This is great.I suggested this feature months ago.I tried to use some userscript to achieve similar effect,but failed.
Thank you for your script
Vin Thomas

Posted: Aug 01, 2009
You're welcome!
pele

Posted: Oct 17, 2009
Great job! Thanks a lot for color coding! It really works in my Firefox! ;-)))
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.