ForumsQuestionsSamsung Note Device - handwritten note and tasks and Toodledo

Samsung Note Device - handwritten note and tasks and Toodledo
gerry_3

Posted: Aug 19, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
I'm contemplating upgrading to either a Samsung Note 8 or Note 9 device. I already use the Android Toodledo app as well as the web for tracking my tasks in Toodledo.

However, one feature I was curious about was if it could be possible to readily sync or transfer any hand-written notes from a Samsung Note (8 or 9) Device into my Toodledo Tasks. That, to me, would be a neat and efficient idea.

I was therefore wondering whether this feature was available or in your product roadmap in the near future?

Thanks
Gerry
Olivir-2018

Posted: Aug 20, 2018
My first guess would be no. One of the reason is that Toodledo is strictly text based and OCR (the text conversion from image to text) would require either in-house solution (not possible, IMO, with small team of developers and overgrown todo list from last 5 years) or licensing OCR engine/service. IMO, not the best choice i ntimes when the main goal is sustainable income. But, I am no expert, so who knows.
coolexplorer

Posted: Aug 25, 2018
TD won't do that.
Best bet would be to see whether the Samsung handwriting app software setting allows a written note to be via OCR be instantly converted into text like some keyboards. Maybe try IFTTT recipe to get it into TD. It's a long shot.
Google Notes converts Voice notes (audio clips) into text instantly, so does Gboard (keyboard).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.