ForumsQuestionsAttachments in a Gold Account

Attachments in a Gold Account
DSM

Posted: Sep 12, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
Little bit confused about attachments. I'm only a Silver plan user, but I might go to Gold for attachments once I understand it a little more...

Is the process for attaching files to tasks the following?
1. Upload your file(s) to an "attachment area" on Toodledo.
2. Create your task(s) on Toodledo.
3. While creating your task(s), attach a file from the "attachment area" to the task

Can I attach one file to multiple tasks and, thus, save space on Toodledo?

If I complete a task, does the attached file also get deleted?
J.O.D.

Posted: Sep 13, 2018
Actually, it is also (recommended) vice versa: Create a task, click Attachment icon, add the file/outline/list/note - in case of files, you either upload it to the task directly or choose an existing file - from the Add attachement popup. And when you complete the task, the file gets NOT deleted, it stays in File section. The only way to delete it is from there (and sorry, no batch deleting at this time).

I hope this clarifies it a bit.

Posted by DSM:
Little bit confused about attachments. I'm only a Silver plan user, but I might go to Gold for attachments once I understand it a little more...

Is the process for attaching files to tasks the following?
1. Upload your file(s) to an "attachment area" on Toodledo.
2. Create your task(s) on Toodledo.
3. While creating your task(s), attach a file from the "attachment area" to the task

Can I attach one file to multiple tasks and, thus, save space on Toodledo?

If I complete a task, does the attached file also get deleted?
DSM

Posted: Sep 13, 2018
One other question -- will files in the File Section have a marker to say that they are being referenced by one or more tasks? I'd hate to delete a file by mistake if it is still being referenced by one my tasks.
J.O.D.

Posted: Sep 14, 2018
There is a clickable number indicating how many tasks are referencing this file, and you can click it and list those tasks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.