ForumsQuestionsTask notes disappearing on 1st Jan?

Task notes disappearing on 1st Jan?
joel_moreland

Posted: Oct 17, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
Hi, I got the email below. Does this mean, as a basic user, all my task notes will be deleted on 1st Jan or will I just not be able to edit them or add new ones after then?

We are adjusting plans on January 1st

Hi Toodledo community,

We’re investing in some great new features coming your way, building out new content to help you get the most out of your workflow, and increasing our support for our users.

Some of the features we’re excited about before the end of 2018 are a fully revamped native app experience, improved batch editing and task sorting, and much more.

However, for us to invest sustainably for the long-term, Toodledo is adjusting its plans and pricing to more accurately reflect the value users get from the platform.

These changes will not affect you until January 1st, but as a current Toodledo user, we want to keep you informed about the change. Here are the new plans:

[Annoyingly I can't paste the image or a link to the image in here but hopefully some of you have seen the email]

Have any questions or concerns? Just reply to this email and I’ll get back to you quickly.

Thanks always,
Aaron
CEO of Toodledo
toodledo.com
aaron.c.salls

Score: 1 Reference
Hi Joel,

Text notes will remain a part of the free plan, attachments and rich media will be a premium feature. If you have any rich media or attachments, we will hold them for 30 days (per our policy today as a grace period) before they are deleted.

This message was edited Oct 17, 2018.
Adrien Beau

I have not received this email (maybe because I have let my subscription lapse). I would be glad if someone could share the image of the new plans, as I am currently inching back to Toodledo, and need to know what lies ahead.
smatics

Posted by Adrien Beau:
I have not received this email (maybe because I have let my subscription lapse). I would be glad if someone could share the image of the new plans, as I am currently inching back to Toodledo, and need to know what lies ahead.

Try this:

https://postimg.cc/MXb45XgR
pawelkaleta

Posted by aaron.c.salls:
Text notes will remain a part of the free plan, attachments and rich media will be a premium feature.

So what do you mean exactly by "Task notes" in the new Free plan? And what "rich media" you have in mind? Could you please be more specific or provide some examples?
joel_moreland

Posted by aaron.c.salls:
Hi Joel,

Text notes will remain a part of the free plan, attachments and rich media will be a premium feature. If you have any rich media or attachments, we will hold them for 30 days (per our policy today as a grace period) before they are deleted.

Thanks, all clear.
aaron.c.salls

Posted by pawelkaleta:
Posted by aaron.c.salls:
Text notes will remain a part of the free plan, attachments and rich media will be a premium feature.

So what do you mean exactly by "Task notes" in the new Free plan? And what "rich media" you have in mind? Could you please be more specific or provide some examples?

Task notes are the expanded fields that every task has, where you can add task notes. Today, attachments (including rich media) are a separate feature for premium users. So that distinction remains the same between free and paid plans. Our roadmap includes drag+drop functionality within tasks, including support for adding attachments, images, and other file types by dragging.
pawelkaleta

I'm still confused. You say that Task notes i.e
"expanded fields that every task has, where you can add task notes" "remain a part of the free plan" and in the same time they are crossed out from new Free plan (8th position on the features list in the plan). So will they be available without any remarks in the Free option or not?
J.O.D.

In my e-mail I got several minutes ago, I have Task notes on Free plan with the V sign, as in "included"? And on second position? https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlER-iHBX0Pjh90OHNfDK-AzCZQdEw

Posted by pawelkaleta:
I'm still confused. You say that Task notes i.e
"expanded fields that every task has, where you can add task notes" "remain a part of the free plan" and in the same time they are crossed out from new Free plan (8th position on the features list in the plan). So will they be available without any remarks in the Free option or not?

This message was edited Oct 17, 2018.
pawelkaleta

This is what I had received. Looks like they have adjusted it and you've received newest version. Nice....

Joyce

Posted: Oct 21, 2018
What about subtasks? They are not mentioned in the above grid at all. Also it mentions task notes with file uploads as a paid feature. That's why folks are concerned. It's certainly why I'm concerned. Without task notes or subtasks I'll have a hard time indeed!

This message was edited Oct 21, 2018.
pawelkaleta

Posted: Oct 21, 2018
MM1772

Posted: Oct 22, 2018
What about Notes? (Not task notes, but Notes.) Are they staying?

I also don't see Outlines, Goals, or Lists on that graphic. I don't use Outlines or Lists, and use Goals very little, but I thought I'd ask.
J.O.D.

Posted: Oct 22, 2018
As I understand it, the plans e-mailed were only featuring Task module. The other modules will stay, but will not be developed any further - somewhere on these forums someone (I am sorry for this insufficient info) has been told in personal e-mail by Aaron himself.

Posted by MM1772:
What about Notes? (Not task notes, but Notes.) Are they staying?

I also don't see Outlines, Goals, or Lists on that graphic. I don't use Outlines or Lists, and use Goals very little, but I thought I'd ask.
aaron.c.salls

Posted: Oct 23, 2018
Hi all,

We've shared an update and to make things easier to follow, we'll be consolidating these discussions onto that thread.

Thanks,
Aaron
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.