ForumsQuestionsAutomatic renewal of subscription - how to cancel?

Automatic renewal of subscription - how to cancel?
pawelkaleta

Posted: Oct 18, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
Could anybody advise how to cancel automatic renewal of the subscription?

I found this article in FAQ section but I can't see 'Cancel subscription' button described in the article.

https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#175

Thanks.
J.O.D.

Do you have yearly auto renewal? I suppose, that you opt-in recently, as before (AFAIK) the yearly subscription has been one-time. I have in My subscription\Manage Subscription button Cancel my monthly Gold subscription, but I don't know about yearly subscription.

Posted by pawelkaleta:
Could anybody advise how to cancel automatic renewal of the subscription?

I found this article in FAQ section but I can't see 'Cancel subscription' button described in the article.

https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#175

Thanks.
pawelkaleta

Yes, that makes sense. Thanks!
user50

I'd like to know how to do this as well please. I can't find a cancel button.
J.O.D.

When you go to Profile/My subscription, does it say up the screen Expires or Renews? The latter is auto renewal, the first is OK. Also, there should be Manage subscription button up there too.

Posted by user50:
I'd like to know how to do this as well please. I can't find a cancel button.
user50

Posted by J.O.D.:
[quote]When you go to Profile/My subscription, does it say up the screen Expires or Renews? The latter is auto renewal, the first is OK. Also, there should be Manage subscription button up there too.

Thanks for that, mine says:

Current Subscription:Gold | Expires On: Feb 9, 2019 | Remaining Days: 114

So does this mean my subscription will end on 9th Feb and not be automatically renewed?

I don't have a manage subscription button.
gtappend

Strangely, mine says "Expires" at the top of the screen, but "The yearly subscription will automatically charge you each year to maintain your subscription, but you can cancel at any time." at the bottom.
Sara Cromie

Score: 1 Reference
I would like to know too. - In the FAQ section it tell you to look for a cancel subscription button and I do not have one.

At the top of my subscription page it says expires however in account info mine says Renew.

Please advise how to cancel my subscription.

Thanks
pawelkaleta

Posted: Oct 19, 2018
Score: 2 Reference
True, it's really confusing. Toodledo team, can you please answer to this thread? Either the comment at the bottom of the page about auto-renewal is not relevant for all cases (eg. for monthly subscriptions only but not for yearly, however it's not clearly stated) or there is a bug in the interface and 'Cancel' button described in FAQ has gone somewhere and should come back to allow users using it provided they don't want auto-renew.

This message was edited Oct 19, 2018.
Purveyor

Posted: Oct 19, 2018
Score: 3 Reference
Posted by pawelkaleta:
Toodledo team, can you please answer to this thread?
That's part of the problem. There's been practically no support in the forums since the new owners took over.
Joyce

Posted: Oct 20, 2018
Score: 1 Reference
I had the same problem today and sent a support ticket asking them to remove my credit card from the account. I will keep you posted on how all that goes. If they charge anything on my account in the coming months I will contest the charges. No cancel button, no account management button? C'mon that's creepy!!
Ummagumma

Posted: Oct 20, 2018
I submitted a support ticket on Friday, no reply so far.

It does seem that the auto renewal option is no longer available, that’s why my account says “expires on” and not “auto renews on”.
smatics

Posted: Oct 21, 2018
Posted by Ummagumma:
I submitted a support ticket on Friday, no reply so far.

It does seem that the auto renewal option is no longer available, that’s why my account says “expires on” and not “auto renews on”.

That is what mine says also, but I swear that the text below that has been changed from something like "Yearly plans auto-renew" to now:
"The yearly subscription will automatically charge you each year to maintain your subscription, but you can cancel at any time."

Which makes no sense unless they are keeping the credit card numbers on file and plan to run them. I don't see any way to check that, however.
pawelkaleta

Posted by smatics:
Which makes no sense unless they are keeping the credit card numbers on file and plan to run them. I don't see any way to check that, however.

Jake always claimed they don't store credit card details, examples below. However, it would be good to simply have that 'Cancel' button...

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/23369/-106149/read.html#jump
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/23575/-106851/read.html#jump
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/1788/-8123/read.html#jump
smatics

Posted by pawelkaleta:
Posted by smatics:

Jake always claimed they don't store credit card details, examples below. However, it would be good to simply have that 'Cancel' button...

Let's hope the new owners carry that policy forward. Several people on this thread have asked and there has been no response from Aaron. Jake hasn't posted since July 13th, so I think he's probably out of the picture now.

Not really a big deal, we could always contest a charge, and it is very unlikely they have credit card numbers on file. Probably warrants a monthly check of the statements for a while...
J.O.D.

Posted: Oct 23, 2018
Hmm... I have switched to yearly Gold subscription yesterday, now when I go to Profile/My subscribtion and click on Manage Subscription, I have the message Renews on, but I have a button Cancel subscription. But that is maybe because I had previous monthly subscription till November 7th (12 days) - so maybe you have the Cancel button only within the same period that Toodledo repeatedly asks you to Renew it?
pawelkaleta

Posted by J.O.D.:
so maybe you have the Cancel button only within the same period that Toodledo repeatedly asks you to Renew it?

What exactly do you mean by that?
J.O.D.

Forget it, now when I go to Profile/My Subscription, there is the following message (but in black font, so almost invisible: "You are enrolled in a recurring subscription and your next charge will happen at the end of the current billing period.". And at the bottom:"If you don't see a Manage Subscription button, that means you are not on an auto-renew plan. You won't be charged unless you subscribe to a new plan." For the record, I have the Manage Subscription button, so no problems for me. Because clicking on this leads to "Cancel yearly Gold subscription" button.

Posted by pawelkaleta:
Posted by J.O.D.:
so maybe you have the Cancel button only within the same period that Toodledo repeatedly asks you to Renew it?

What exactly do you mean by that?

This message was edited Oct 23, 2018.
pawelkaleta

Ok, thanks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.