ForumsQuestionsTwo completely different views

Two completely different views
rick_1534279792

Posted: Jan 14, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
Hey,

Anyone know of a way to have two completely separate views, say of different folders or projects? I want to have one for personal and one for work, without creating two accounts.

TIA,

Rick
J-O-D

Posted: Jan 15, 2019
Not for the nearest future: https://roadmap.toodledo.com/feature-requests/p/workspaces

Posted by rick_1534279792:
Hey,

Anyone know of a way to have two completely separate views, say of different folders or projects? I want to have one for personal and one for work, without creating two accounts.

TIA,

Rick
Ellen oud

Posted: Jan 15, 2019
I had a periode my personal tasks and my work tasks in one account. I used contexts to separate them.
It worked, but not perfect. I always could see my work items. So I tried Microsoft todo a while for work, when you are used to Toodledo it is very basic.
So a few months later I made a second (free) Toodledo account. Then came the new plans... So I paid for the second account (need saved searches). No regred, now it works perfect!
Srewolf

Posted: Jan 20, 2019
I have ended up using Tags to mark work-related tasks, and then use the eyeball-icon (Show Tags section) to easily suppress the listing of other types of tasks which I don't want to focus on (I do the same thing for other categories, such as family obligations, self development, and so forth). But this is really just a hack work-around. (Tags are useful because you can have more than one tag on a task, and they don't pre-empt the idea of Contexts which are also accessible in the eyeball icon.)

An ideal solution would be to cluster all Long-Term work-related goals under a LifeLong goal "Work", (similar to the idea of workspaces or roles, as in previous forum discussions). However, TD doesn't seem to utilize the hierarchical structure of goals, even though it lets you define such relationships. For example, there doesn't seem to be any way to get a list of all tasks which contribute to a particular LifeLong goal.

Another approach would be to construct a Saved-Search titled "Work", that filters only tasks with work-related goals, "Family" that has tasks with family-related goals, and so forth. However, then I couldn't use the built-in searches at the left, such as Starred, Overdue, Tomorrow and so forth, and I do find those searches useful. The tag solution allows me still to make use of the built-in searches.

As it is, using the Tag approach, I must do manually what could be automatic. However, I think this is easier than setting up multiple TD accounts, and it is simple to add another "view" category to the task list. But, it is really just a hack for something that could be more elegantly accomplished if hierarchical goals were properly implemented in TD.

[I asked about utilizing LifeTime Goals in the past, but got no answers … is there something out there?
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/25327/0/sort-by-lifelong-goals-aka-lifetime-goals.html ]
J-O-D

Posted: Jan 20, 2019
I am using contexts for this. Basically, I have just 4 (at the moment) contexts: work, home, anywhere, errand, and I filter the tasks in any view by them, e. g. when coming to work, I set my filter for work, anywhere. As I am 99 % of my time using Saved searches, this filter does need to be set only once, as all saved searches reflect this.

As for any suggestions for features, the only right place now is: Profile icon/Help/Feature Requests
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.