ForumsQuestionsRough ETA for Offline feature

Rough ETA for Offline feature
Swami Gaurangapada

Posted: Jun 01, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Hello. I would like to know a rough approx ETA (time period) for the feature to add, complete and manage tasks offline and they auto-sync later when I am online. Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 01, 2008
It is our policy to not post timelines or ETAs, but offline access is a high priority for us so it will be sooner rather than later.

There is an Outlook sync tool that someone made, which you can use right now to get offline access. It is available in these forums if you are interested.
Qrystal

Posted: Jun 02, 2008
I for one really, really appreciate that you aren't posting timelines or ETAs. That way, you never let us down!! :) Thanks so much for all you do, Toodledo. :D
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 02, 2008
Thanks Qrystal!

Not having timelines also allows us to be more agile because we can put something on the backburner if something else more important comes up (a bug, for example).
Swami Gaurangapada

Posted: Jun 03, 2008
An Adobe AIR program (or similar) to add and manage Tasks, Subtasks and Folders offline and sync them online would also be great so that we don't even need the browser open when offline.
kleerkoat

Posted: Jun 03, 2008
Posted by Swami Gaurangapada:
An Adobe AIR program (or similar) to add and manage Tasks, Subtasks and Folders offline and sync them online would also be great so that we don't even need the browser open when offline.

you could try Mozilla's Prism, and also an app called Bubbles for an interface free browser.
vegheadjones

Posted: Jun 04, 2008
+1 on Bubbles, it loads and moves works very fast and is great with toodledo.
Nathan R. Hale

Posted: Jun 29, 2008
Thanks also for making offline access a high priority. However you decide to implement the feature, please keep it as cross-platform as possible! It seems like there are many users on all platforms including Windows, Mac, and Linux.
marsh

Posted: Oct 20, 2008
Posted by Ryan:
Posted by Swami Gaurangapada:

you could try Mozilla's Prism, and also an app called Bubbles for an interface free browser.

Maybe I am missing something, but neither of these provide offline sync. I tried both Prism and Bubbles, and neither one let me add a task while my computer was unplugged from the network. So an offline sync feature is still important for people who use laptops or whose Internet connection sometimes goes down.

In addition to Prism and Bubbles, there is a very nice Adobe AIR app that uses the slim version of Toodledo. See http://www.toodledo.com/foru ms/7/356/-1568/toodledo-air-app.html. The nice thing about this is that it runs on Macintoshin as well as Windows. Presumably it will run under Linux too. However, the app is really unnecessary with OSX because the very nice Toodledo dashboard widget does the same thing.

This message was edited Oct 20, 2008.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.