ForumsQuestionsIs the new interface laggy for everyone?

Is the new interface laggy for everyone?
fmsheldon

Posted: Apr 08, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
I was getting a lot of lag as well. I signed out and then signed back in. It seems to have improved since then.
CharleneTX

Posted: Apr 09, 2019
I'm seeing the lag when I try to change priority or start date. However, after playing around with it a bit, I discovered the lag is only on this page:
My Tasks : https://tasks.toodledo.com/main/

The rest are working fine at the moment (Tue, 12:30a CDT):
Contexts : https://tasks.toodledo.com/contexts/
Dates : https://tasks.toodledo.com/dates/
Priority : https://tasks.toodledo.com/priority/
Sharing : https://tasks.toodledo.com/sharing/
Saved Searches : https://tasks.toodledo.com/saved/
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Score: 1 Reference
I just went and checked how the date dialog is performing for me and something has definitely changed or is unstable at the moment.

I am only tried task.toodledo.com/main

The lag has increased a lot, basically doubly slower for me most of the time. Rather than counting slowing (but less than a second per iteration) up to almost 3 before, now I can usually count up to 5 or 6 before the dialog goes away (i.e. after moving the mouse out of the date dialog). One time just now the dialog seemed to hang open for even longer (seemed like it was never going away - that was the first time or so that I tried this testing and I wasn't counting). Initially, also, once (or I think twice) the date dialog disappeared as my mouse was in it and went away almost instantaneously before I could even do anything.

I logged out and logged back in and the interminably open dialog and disappearing dialog no longer happened. However, the consistently much slower date dialog (count 5-6) does still occur consistently.

---

Just reloaded page and tried again and still the same much, much slower response time.

-- Perhaps someone wants to go file a support ticket. I'm getting kind of tired out of all this and don't feel like bothering (but would like to make sure that others are seeing the same and it's not only me).

------------

EDIT (Adding 7 1/2 hrs after initially posting):

Am still seeing the same much longer (tho intermittent) delays. While intermittent, the delays happen more often than not (say 70% of the time).

Also, I hadn't mentioned that there is a new, intermittent delay for the date dialog to open (not just close). Before opening was quick, bu now there is sometimes a noticeable lag (perhaps 25% of the time).

This message was edited Apr 09, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

On a separate note, all day today, it seemed like the time it took to load my full task list was running noticeably slower. The different "xx%" numbers were cycling up more slowly and then there was even what seemed like a new "Loading..." message/prompt displayed.

Hadn't bothered posting about this. Just tried it again now and still seems slower...

-------------

EDIT - just to clarify on the above - the sequence of messages that I see when I reload my full task list (`750 tasks) is

"Loading
Just a moment"

followed by a series of

"Loading xx%
Just a moment" (where xx in "xx%" cycles up to 95 or thereabouts)

followed by

"Loading
Almost there"

which sits there til the page of tasks reloads.

It is this last Loading/Almost there which I don't recall seeing before (or at least it perhaps it was a momentary blip before the task list was displayed. Now at times it just sits there for a few counts (and much longer than any of the others) before the task list reloads.

Are others seeing this slowness? (Am now trying this again (7 1/2 hrs later than when initially posting) and am still seeing the same thing.

This message was edited Apr 09, 2019.
-J-O-D-

Posted: Apr 10, 2019
Today I've been thinking about this issue - and IIRC, the main difference between the old and new layout is support for off-line mode. The legacy layout was strictly server based, so everything had to be redownloaded everytime some filter/task changed. Now, I wonder what would happen, if you clear all your browser cache and start over from a clean slate?
projectBlake

Posted: Apr 29, 2019
Score: 1 Reference
getting so frustrated... I used to be able to fly thru my tasks checking them off left and right...

now it just drags...

do we need to change solutions? is there any workaround at all yet? Chrome? Safari? Opera? AOL Browser?

ughhhhhhhh
Anant G.

Posted: Apr 29, 2019
Posted by -J-O-D-:
Today I've been thinking about this issue - and IIRC, the main difference between the old and new layout is support for off-line mode. The legacy layout was strictly server based, so everything had to be redownloaded everytime some filter/task changed. Now, I wonder what would happen, if you clear all your browser cache and start over from a clean slate?

Clearing browser cache and starting over wont take more than 15-20secs to download everything. We did a regression test with 25,000 tasks and 25 folders, contexts and tags. Everything was downloaded within 12secs.

Posted by projectBlake:
getting so frustrated... I used to be able to fly thru my tasks checking them off left and right...

now it just drags...

do we need to change solutions? is there any workaround at all yet? Chrome? Safari? Opera? AOL Browser?

ughhhhhhhh

Are you facing issues on our new tasks section?
jeff

Posted: May 22, 2019
I am still seeing this incredible lag on Safari when first login in and adding the first new item, no change in behavior since my last reply to this thread.

This occurs in the page found at https://www.toodledo.com/tasks/index.php

Really makes toodledo annoying to use when adding new items during the day, makes me write everything down on paper so I don't lose it which defeats the purpose of using this solution.
Anant G.

Posted: May 23, 2019
Posted by jeff:
I am still seeing this incredible lag on Safari when first login in and adding the first new item, no change in behavior since my last reply to this thread.

This occurs in the page found at https://www.toodledo.com/tasks/index.php

Really makes toodledo annoying to use when adding new items during the day, makes me write everything down on paper so I don't lose it which defeats the purpose of using this solution.

Can you try on tasks.toodledo.com. Some queries are slow on toodledo.com/tasks/ and we are working on it to optimize them. This lag in old tasks section is mainly because it downloads all the tasks in DOM for the hot search feature. And we have seen many people use that hot search feature.
jeff

Posted: May 28, 2019
Seems better - no hang on Safari at first blush (though the animations are much much slower than the "classic" and its missing some of the fit and finish that makes the classic Toodledo so useful. I could NOT get search to work at all using this view.

Thanks for the update, I'll keep testing
mikhail.levin+toodledo

Posted: May 30, 2019
I see consistent lagging after sync. Previously, sync took 3-5 seconds after which the interface became live again. So I set sync on every edit. For the last few weeks at least, 10-15 more seconds after a sync the app is not responding to any clicks. It’s iPhone X, iOS 12.1. First I switched to sync only at enter/quit, but it still happens every time I open the app even if I don’t unload it from memory, so I even had to turn off synchronization and only sync manually 1-2 times a day, but it makes my user experience with both iPhone and desktop a pain, and it was a very useful feature. Thinking about switching to another app for the first time in many years :( There are no problems with the responsiveness of the iPhone app interface apart from during/after the sync.

This message was edited May 30, 2019.
avikroy

Posted: Nov 03, 2019
Very slow on Chrome. Not sure why it started behaving this way starting today. Quite impossible to use it to manage tasks in real time. Cheers.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.