ForumsQuestionsBug - in Task Note, '

Bug - in Task Note, '
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted: Mar 22, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
When I edit a note, the angle bracket character "<" is converting to &lt;

Would just create a support ticket for this but cannot because my one ticket for a day has already been used to report the "sync failed" issue that Anant asked me to report.

&lt;find>
&lt;TAB>
&lt;Esc>
&lt;Add Tags>
&lt;cancel>

Makes the text pretty unreadable. Would appreciate it if this could be addressed.

This message was edited Mar 22, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Forum posting title should read:

Bug - In Task Note, '<' is converting to &lt;

Title was truncated

Ob-La-Di+ruben

Would anyone have any idea why recently added left angle brackets appear correctly when I go into edit mode in a Note but ones that were already there from earlier edits still continue to appear as "&lt;" ?

I'm wondering if in order to address this I need to copy out any existing note text that contains a left angle bracket and do a mass update and then copy it all back in. Wondering if there is a better/easier solution than that brute force one.

Thanks.

Anant G.

Posted: Mar 23, 2019
Posted by rubenB:
Would anyone have any idea why recently added left angle brackets appear correctly when I go into edit mode in a Note but ones that were already there from earlier edits still continue to appear as "&lt;" ?

I'm wondering if in order to address this I need to copy out any existing note text that contains a left angle bracket and do a mass update and then copy it all back in. Wondering if there is a better/easier solution than that brute force one.

Thanks.

Hi, are you seeing this on tasks.toodledo.com or toodledo.com/tasks ?
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted: Mar 23, 2019
Hi Anant,

It's only in tasks.toodle.com. Tried it yesterday in the old UI and doesn't happen there.

Thanks!
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted: Mar 24, 2019
Correction -

Newly added left angle brackets only display correctly initially when going back and forth into edit mode for a task note.

If I reload the toodle page, then the behavior changes to same incorrect behavior as with all the other left angle bracket characters and the new ones also display as

&lt;

This message was edited Mar 24, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted: Mar 24, 2019
Created Support Ticket 72759 for this.
Anant G.

Posted: Mar 25, 2019
Posted by rubenB:
Created Support Ticket 72759 for this.

Thanks, we will update you on the support ticket.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.