ForumsQuestionsStop Batch Edit Tasks

Stop Batch Edit Tasks
ebarks

Posted: Mar 23, 2019
Score: 2 Reference
Something seems to have changed the past few days when I try to edit the notes to a task. It used to be straightforward to edit single tasks.

Now, however, the background in the notes section turns yellow, and the top of the screen shows a “Batch Edit Tasks” box complete with a “Warning: All 1 selected tasks on this page will be edited” line.

This occurs only on my PC; it's normal on the iPhone app.

I’m not trying to batch edit tasks — simply one task — and have no idea why this has begun to occur. Any ideas for a fix are most welcome. Thanks in advance.
david.j.edge

Posted: Mar 24, 2019
Me too on Mac/Safari Most frustrating. I can see the benefit of being able to batch edit tasks, but not at the price of being unable to edit single tasks.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted: Mar 24, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
Here's a posting from the News forum relating to batch edit features recently rolled out.

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/26875/0/multi-select-for-batch-edit.html

This message was edited Mar 24, 2019.
david.askew

Posted: Mar 25, 2019
I agree, this new batch edit feature sucks. Its removed my ability to cntrl click on links in task notes and open in a new browser tab. So annoying.
david.askew

Score: 1 Reference
Seems they are ok with subverting the browser's behavior for their own stupid purposes. This is the response when I opened a ticket:

"Hi,
Yes we added a shortcut for this. Now to open a link in new tab, you have to right click on it and select open in new tab.

Hope that helps!

Thanks "
Purveyor

Posted by rubenB:
Here's a posting from the News forum relating to batch edit features recently rolled out.

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/26875/0/multi-select-for-batch-edit.html
In that post, Anant says:
Please make sure you have keyboard shortcuts enabled from your account settings to use this feature.
I've disabled the setting for keyboard shortcuts but pressing Ctrl still brings up the batch-edit sidebar.

Also, what was the point of locking the topic?
-J-O-D-

Posted: Mar 26, 2019
As it is now, in Chrome I just click (no CTRL) on a link in task note and it opens in a new tab. That put aside, breaking a browser functionality because of the multiedit, however the function itself is great, is a bad design decision. And rightclicking should work on links anyway.

Also, as Purveyor has said, disabling keyboard shortcuts does not change anything, CTRL is still being hijacked.

Posted by david.askew:
I agree, this new batch edit feature sucks. Its removed my ability to cntrl click on links in task notes and open in a new browser tab. So annoying.

This message was edited Mar 26, 2019.
tft

I'm experiencing something similar, and I would call it a bug. Using Firefox in MacOS, here's what's happening:

1. In my list of tasks, no tasks are checked.
2. If I click on the "Notes" icon on the far right of a task, my expectation is that the notes for that task appear so I can read or edit them. Instead, the "Batch Edit Tasks" dialog appears. There doesn't seem to be any way to access my notes.

Another reason I think it's a bug, rather than a feature, is it's intermittent. I can make it go away temporarily by refreshing the page in the browser.

Can someone confirm that this is a bug?
TK

Yep, I'm seeing the same thing, that sometimes clicking on notes brings up the batch edit feature, but if I refresh I can get it to bring up notes again. This definitely seems like a bug to me.

And I will also agree that subverting the command-click on my Mac in Safari to bring up batch editing instead of opening my links in a new window is TERRIBLE. I use that browser functionality all the time, particularly with links in my Toodledo list because I don't want my Toodledo list window to go away when I look at a link that I saved there. Please please please someone fix this. I will also be submitting a support ticket.
boydston01

Posted by TK:

And I will also agree that subverting the command-click on my Mac in Safari to bring up batch editing instead of opening my links in a new window is TERRIBLE. I use that browser functionality all the time, particularly with links in my Toodledo list because I don't want my Toodledo list window to go away when I look at a link that I saved there. Please please please someone fix this. I will also be submitting a support ticket.

This was actually the exact thinking of why Toodledo did not auto open links in new windows--because the user was expected to use ctrl/cmd+click. Because this is the norm for the internet. That doesn't mean it has to be the norm for Toodledo, though.

This message was edited Mar 27, 2019.
boydston01

Yep, still happening for me.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Hi tft and TK,

The behavior you're hitting looks like the same bug I reported last week, which I don't see anymore, and (got the impression from others' comments, and mentions of their support ticket responses) has been fixed with a program modification.

Bug - Open/Close Task Notes doesn't work & opens Batch Edit menu

Anant G.

Score: 1 Reference
By default all links open in new tab now both in old and new tasks section. We will hook this feature to keyboard shortcut settings.

Also do you guys think it will be better if we implement this feature using "B" as the shortcut key instead of ctrl/cmd ?

Thanks
pawelkaleta

Posted by Anant G.:
By default all links open in new tab now both in old and new tasks section. We will hook this feature to keyboard shortcut settings.

Also do you guys think it will be better if we implement this feature using "B" as the shortcut key instead of ctrl/cmd ?

Thanks

Just add additional icon next to existing star/actions/note icons for mutliselections and it will give you no mess with the shortcuts.
Purveyor

When did you implement the change to how links are opened? Will you also be doing this for links in the forums?

And, one more thing: From the list of posts in the Questions forum, I see that user pawelkaleta recently posted but I don't see his post. Why does it not show up in this topic?

Edited: Now I see pawelkaleta's post.

Linden

The behavior you're hitting looks like the same bug I reported last week, which I don't see anymore, and (got the impression from others' comments, and mentions of their support ticket responses) has been fixed with a program modification.

Alas rubenB, looks like the Batch Edit bug is back for me. :-(

Guess I'll have to reopen the ticket. Fortunately, if I refresh the page, the Batch Edit goes away for a bit, but eventually, when I try to expand a task by clicking on a button, I get the batch edit display instead.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Hi Linden,

That's very unfortunate if you are hitting the bug in a different manner.

Anant said they were trying to close/identify the corner cases which might have slipped thru the cracks. Perhaps you hit a different one?

Are you using the control key prior to when the batch edit menu appears? That was the issue for the rest of us; when you do a reload, it won't fail again til you do a control sequence again.

But it sounds like the toodle team may be re-thinking this implementation and change it so <ctrl> is no longer co-opted.
rclark

Posted: Mar 28, 2019
Posted by Linden:

Guess I'll have to reopen the ticket. Fortunately, if I refresh the page, the Batch Edit goes away for a bit, but eventually, when I try to expand a task by clicking on a button, I get the batch edit display instead.

I've been having this same behavior / bug for some time now, and it's super annoying. It'll often strike me immediately after I load up toodledo. If I reload, like you, I'm able to resume just using things like normal for a while. But I can 100% guarantee I'm not hitting the Ctrl key, and just trying to check the "done" box on a task will pop open the batch edit sidebar with that one task selected.
Anant G.

Posted: Mar 28, 2019
Posted by rclark:
Posted by Linden:

I've been having this same behavior / bug for some time now, and it's super annoying. It'll often strike me immediately after I load up toodledo. If I reload, like you, I'm able to resume just using things like normal for a while. But I can 100% guarantee I'm not hitting the Ctrl key, and just trying to check the "done" box on a task will pop open the batch edit sidebar with that one task selected.

Hey, are you still seeing this error? We did release an update on this today.
rclark

Posted: Mar 29, 2019
Posted by Anant G.:
Posted by rclark:
Posted by Linden:

Hey, are you still seeing this error? We did release an update on this today.

I haven't seen it yet, but I've only closed 3 tasks today, and the issue has been pretty intermittent. I'll reply back in a couple of day if it hasn't happened at all after a lot of stuff gets completed this weekend, or sooner if it does happen again.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.