ForumsQuestionsStop Batch Edit Tasks

Stop Batch Edit Tasks
TK

Posted: Mar 29, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
I think this bug has been fixed. Opening links in new windows and trying to view my notes no longer brings up the batch edit feature. However, now sometimes the Notes link doesn't work at all until I reload the page. SIGH

This message was edited Mar 29, 2019.
rclark

Posted: Mar 30, 2019
Posted by Anant G.:
Hey, are you still seeing this error? We did release an update on this today.

Posted by rclark:
I haven't seen it yet, but I've only closed 3 tasks today, and the issue has been pretty intermittent. I'll reply back in a couple of day if it hasn't happened at all after a lot of stuff gets completed this weekend, or sooner if it does happen again.

After closing maybe a dozen tasks over the past 24 hours, in multiple sessions, on multiple computers, I have not yet hit this bug, so fingers crossed that the code update a couple of days ago did squash it!
apois

Posted: Apr 01, 2019
Please don't override the default browser behaviour when ctrl-clicking hyperlinks!

I have lots of hyperlinks in my task notes sections to other resources that I open in the background with ctrl-click. I now have to continually switch back and forth to the task list when opening multiple tabs as I can only open them in the foreground.

Please provide an option to disable this, or specify an alternate capture key / icon.
Anant G.

Posted: Apr 02, 2019
We changed the multi-select to show with "L" instead of cmd/ctrl keys now. This should fix those issues now.

Thanks
apois

Posted: Apr 03, 2019
Posted by Anant G.:
We changed the multi-select to show with "L" instead of cmd/ctrl keys now. This should fix those issues now.

I've just tried this and it solves the problem with the ctrl-click - many thanks!

The only problem now is the "L" key seems to do a short scroll up the page for some reason ("J" and "K" keys also do this, and probably others), making it difficult to target tasks! I've tried this in Firefox and Chrome. I don't know if it's just me or other people have the same behaviour?
Ob-La-Di+ruben

apois - Just a quick test & I see same behavior as you with L, J, K (Firefox quantum, win10)

shift key also seems to cause list to reposition sometimes.

Frankly I can't get a grasp of how Batch Edit is supposed to work, in general, actually. Whatever I do, the menu shows up and says "All 1 of these tasks will be edited" where "1" seems to defeat the purpose of it being a batch operation. Had the same confusion earlier when ctrl was running amok.
-J-O-D-

In my case, it just works - you select more tasks when holding L - just like e. g. in Windows you can select multiple files while holding CTRL and clicking on them. You click on e. g. 3 tasks (they need not to be next to each other), they higlight, you click on them, they are deselected. The number you mention reflects the real number of selected tasks (e. g. 3), so it goes up and down. The changes set up in right panel are then applied to all selected tasks.

Posted by rubenB:
apois - Just a quick test & I see same behavior as you with L, J, K (Firefox quantum, win10)

shift key also seems to cause list to reposition sometimes.

Frankly I can't get a grasp of how Batch Edit is supposed to work, in general, actually. Whatever I do, the menu shows up and says "All 1 of these tasks will be edited" where "1" seems to defeat the purpose of it being a batch operation. Had the same confusion earlier when ctrl was running amok.

This message was edited Apr 03, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted by -J-O-D-:
In my case, it just works - you select more tasks when holding L - just like e. g. in Windows you can select multiple files while holding CTRL and clicking on them. You click on e. g. 3 tasks (they need not to be next to each other), they higlight, you click on them, they are deselected. The number you mention reflects the real number of selected tasks (e. g. 3), so it goes up and down. The changes set up in right panel are then applied to all selected tasks.

Awesome, thanks J-O-D! (and btw, I'm glad to see you're back. It seemed you were gone for almost the entire month of March and I was about going to drop out a bleat and see if you were still about).

Batch Edit (w/L shortcut), with your help, now works much better for me and trending towards as expected.

FEEDBACK TO TOODLE DEV on batch edit feature

If the set of tasks on the screen is less than a screenfull, then there is no erroneous scrolling (which apois called out), it seems. However, when there is more than a screenfull, the task list re-positions as apois describes. Also, now when I hold down SHIFT L, the task list just scrolls continuously up to the top before it stops. Impossible to use.

When the task list is smaller than a screenfull, I am able to select individual tasks and they are highlighted (yellow) and the batch edit menu appears and the task counter increments correctly. However, in addition to that, large chunks of my screen are selected and then displayed as inverted text (blue). It's a mess at my end here.

Here's what I mean --

---------------------

Are other people seeing this too?

This message was edited Apr 03, 2019.
-J-O-D-

Posted: Apr 04, 2019
Thanks, I have actually deleted my account (moving to another tool), and then recreated a new one, because I still wanted to support Toodledo and track it for progress. I am now using 2 tools at the same time, but for the time being Toodledo is just for testing things, while the other one for real life needs. And I don't know, where I will settle in the end - I have something like 6 months to decide, before my Toodledo subscription runs out.

Posted by rubenB:

Awesome, thanks J-O-D! (and btw, I'm glad to see you're back. It seemed you were gone for almost the entire month of March and I was about going to drop out a bleat and see if you were still about).

I can confirm that the key detection is misbehaving - e. g. press X - going to locations, then reapeating X strokes scrolls a bit to the top of list (interestingly, not continously, you have to repeat the stroke to see it).

Posted by apois:
Posted by Anant G.:

I've just tried this and it solves the problem with the ctrl-click - many thanks!

The only problem now is the "L" key seems to do a short scroll up the page for some reason ("J" and "K" keys also do this, and probably others), making it difficult to target tasks! I've tried this in Firefox and Chrome. I don't know if it's just me or other people have the same behaviour?

This message was edited Apr 04, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Wow, that's sure nice of you, J-O-D, and going above and beyond.

I sure hope that toodle new owners have taken note that there seems to be a bit of discontent/discord out here in the ranks and get things settled down before the dust settles and their customer base has ...

I guess you don't see the spurious blue text selection that I get when using the L shortcut?
-J-O-D-

Well, I would probably not do it, but as I have deleted my previous account with canceled monthly subscription renewal, then recreated the new one on free plan, I recently got an e-mail of expiring of my subscription:-) And I got some refundable credits there, so it was just a question of Toodledo' help to relink these and now I am spending the credits. I could not test Toodledo properly without a subscription anyway:-)

Back on topic: The only time I see what your screenshot shows, is when I am holding L, click on a task (left-click) and hold and drag so as if I want to select other tasks - but it is just selecting text (as usual). When I just click on a single tasks at a time, I don't get this. Also, if the text is selected, I can just click anywhere on the page and text deselects.

I hope I am making myself clear, if not, shoot a question:-)

Posted by rubenB:
Wow, that's sure nice of you, J-O-D, and going above and beyond.

I sure hope that toodle new owners have taken note that there seems to be a bit of discontent/discord out here in the ranks and get things settled down before the dust settles and their customer base has ...

I guess you don't see the spurious blue text selection that I get when using the L shortcut?

Ob-La-Di+ruben

Thanks, J-O-D

Well, toodle environment is just so darn "dynamic" these days.

I know you're over in the EU (U.K. did you say?) so I thought I'd do a quick check but need to grab more shut-eye over here in San Francisco if I'm going to be marginally functional come the workday.

So I go and check to see how toodle behaves for me and I can't get anything batch-edit-wise to work at the moment. After reading your post, I'd thought probably my touchpad was causing hiccups and I needed to switch to a standard mouse to try this out. However, all the "apois" repositioning has disappeared (L, J, K), and batch edit shortcut does not work at all for me at the moment. I'm presuming that toodle dev must be rolling out new "fixes" or something.

Well, I'll delve into this more when am more awake...
apois

Just a quick update - the J/K/L scrolling issue seems to now be gone, and I can use the batch-edit correctly with the L-key. I don't know if this was a code update, or something at my end, but it seems good now. Many thanks!
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted by apois:
Just a quick update - the J/K/L scrolling issue seems to now be gone, and I can use the batch-edit correctly with the L-key. I don't know if this was a code update, or something at my end, but it seems good now. Many thanks!

Interesting, apois - I still see exactly the same problematic behavior as before (L, J, K, cause list repositioning/scrolling). Ugly text selection (inverted blue up to top of task list on FF, up to top of entire text frame on IE, including batch edit dialog window) as I choose the tasks to bulk edit. (same as my screenshot posting above)

Laptop touchpad was the issue earlier. Once I hit Shift-L, touch pad mouse input was not seen.

I reloaded toodledo page, logged out/in and still the same results. I tried this on Win10 FireFox Quantum, MS Edge as well as on Win7 Firefox and IE. On IE, I also saw intermittent missed mouse clicks, as described in other forum thread. Also tried on beta with same erroneous results.

-J-O-D-

rubenB, I am then sorry for you to report that L is working now for me without scrolling; and the selecting issue I never had. Grantly, I am on Chrome, but tested the same on Edge. May deSchwarz be with you...
genezyc

I'm encountering an issue where I cannot type the L key to enter new tasks.

I also cannot enter the letter 'L' in my task titles.

I suggest doing more thorough testing of the application before rolling out new features...

-J-O-D-

I can confirm this on Chrome too. I am starting to wonder if anyone actually is testing this on beta website at all. I am pretty sure that trying to quick add a task with an L should happen to at least several testers. If there are any. Updated my support ticket with this new side effect.

Posted by genezyc:
I'm encountering an issue where I cannot type the L key to enter new tasks.

I also cannot enter the letter 'L' in my task titles.

I suggest doing more thorough testing of the application before rolling out new features...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.