ForumsQuestionsSub-Tasks

Sub-Tasks
all

Posted: Apr 03, 2019
Score: 2 Reference
In the past day or so I've noticed a new thing happening with sub-tasks.

Everytime I refresh my tasks in my browser, Toodledo displays each of the sub-tasks for each of the tasks that has them, in the task list (i.e. none are hidden).

Before the sub-tasks always remained hidden unless I clicked on the specific task.

I am using the following sub-task profile:
"Subtasks Enabled with Manual sorting
Indented mode shows loose subtasks."

I have tried some other sub-tasks options without success.

Any ideas how I can hide sub-tasks again without having to do it manually?
Anant G.

Posted: Apr 09, 2019
Score: -1 Reference
Posted by all:
In the past day or so I've noticed a new thing happening with sub-tasks.

Everytime I refresh my tasks in my browser, Toodledo displays each of the sub-tasks for each of the tasks that has them, in the task list (i.e. none are hidden).

Before the sub-tasks always remained hidden unless I clicked on the specific task.

I am using the following sub-task profile:
"Subtasks Enabled with Manual sorting
Indented mode shows loose subtasks."

I have tried some other sub-tasks options without success.

Any ideas how I can hide sub-tasks again without having to do it manually?

Hi, this should be fixed now. Let us know if you still face any issues. Thanks
Purveyor

Posted: Apr 09, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
Never mind.

This message was edited Apr 09, 2019.
all

Posted: Apr 10, 2019
Sorry the issue is still live for me, including after I have logged out and back in.
rhthomison1

Posted: Apr 12, 2019
I have this issue also.
Canuk_user

Posted: Apr 12, 2019
For the past couple days, when I click on the icon to show a tasks parent or to show the subtasks, I had to click on it twice to work. Now, it will not work, I get the parent and the message that subtasks are hidden - turn off filters - but when you press on that, nothing happens. I cannot find my subtasks related to a parent. A critical issue for me as I use this on an hourly basis for work....
tmercier57

Posted: Apr 13, 2019
Today, I discovered that all of my sub-tasks have been removed from their parent group.

Do you understand how long it will take for me to relocate over 400 subtasks?This is ridiculous.

Oh...it gets better. There's no way to click & drag sub-tasks to relocate. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FIX THIS MESS????

This message was edited Apr 13, 2019.
Michael_49

Score: 1 Reference
Same Sub task troubles. Thought I had it fixed yesterday (Friday). Today all parents are expanded again even though the setting is set to "hidden".
aromweis

Score: 1 Reference
This is *not* fixed. Setting is set to Hidden. This is really distracting. When will this be fixed?

I am paying for a Plus subscription which I was happy to do since software engineers need to get paid too. However, now my Android app keeps crashing (my bug report was acknowledged in Jan but no fix for that either yet) and now this. SMH.
alswl

Posted: Apr 14, 2019
I have this issue also.
alswl

Posted: Apr 14, 2019
@Toodledo frontend engineer, any progress to fix this issue?
frankie.toodle

Posted: Apr 15, 2019
Give the problem exists for 12 days now and a unsuccessful fix has been tried 10o days ago, and no sign of support since then, I begin to wonder what quality of support to expect in the future.
alswl

Additional Info:

this bug appeared in save search(old Web UI version https://www.toodledo.com/tasks/index.php#search)

This message was edited Apr 15, 2019.
Linden

Score: -1 Reference
Problem was fixed (or at least worked around) for me by explicitly hiding the sub-tasks after every page refresh (this was the workaround suggested when I opened a ticket). Apparently, it was a regression introduced trying to maintain the old/new UIs.

Unfortunately, this workaround stopped working for me this weekend. My sub-tasks are always displayed now regardless of view settings. This is extremely distracting for me and make it impossible to visualize my workload by scrolling. I've reopened by support ticket.
frankie.toodle

Posted: Apr 16, 2019
Still not working for me. To see all relevant taks, I have to choose "inline", which leaves my view cluttered with too much. If I choose "hidden" I do not see everything relevant, because subs are only shown, if they _and_ the parent fullfill the search criteria. This is a change to the worse. Before all of this meddling, a sub was shown, if it met the search criteria, irrelevant of the parent.

Seems to be working alright on beta, though.
frankie.toodle

Posted: Apr 16, 2019
Seems to be even more broken:

Ranking search results by priority, I see one combination - parent top, sub high - listed as top. Another such combination is listed as high!?

I am at a point now, where not only the display is cluttered, I am also loosing trust in the app.
alswl

Posted: Apr 17, 2019
Finally, this bug is fixed.
pskillingsworth

Posted: Apr 19, 2019
For me, this issue is continuing. It does not appear that the bug has been fixed. All subtasks are always displayed, whether or not they are due. This is very distracting and limits the usefulness of the app for me. Please let me know if there's a fix that I missed, or if there's some filter setting I need to use. Thanks.
all

Posted: Apr 22, 2019
This bug is still happening to me as well.
-J-O-D-

Posted: Apr 23, 2019
I would like to test it (just a user), but for that I would like you to answer these:
- what list? (e.g. tasks/all, dates/overdue, saved searches/the definition of this)
- are you saying, that subtasks which are not due today or overdue are shown together with its parent, or as loose tasks, or something else?

I am sorry to ask you this, but I want to try to replicate your issue as close as possible.

Posted by pskillingsworth:
For me, this issue is continuing. It does not appear that the bug has been fixed. All subtasks are always displayed, whether or not they are due. This is very distracting and limits the usefulness of the app for me. Please let me know if there's a fix that I missed, or if there's some filter setting I need to use. Thanks.

This message was edited Apr 23, 2019.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.