ForumsQuestionsToodleDo Sync to ? For Apple Watch

ToodleDo Sync to ? For Apple Watch
mlb32704

Posted: Apr 10, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
Just got an Apple Watch 4, and there’s no ToodleDo app for it. Yet. It sounds like it’s on somebody’s roadmap at ToodleDo but it involves a complete rewrite of an app that was done for older Apple Watch models. So, I’m not going to hold my breath.

Looking into alternatives, specifically, other apps like ToodleDo that have corresponding Apple Watch apps that I can somehow populate and sync on a regular basis with ToodleDo. For example, I have an application called GSyncit which will sync tasks between ToodleDo and Outlook, but then I need to find an Apple Watch app that will manage Outlook Tasks, no luck so far.

To be clear, I am NOT switching from ToodleDo, I love ToodleDo. This is the ONLY functionality missing off of the Apple Watch that I am really missing. And I don’t even care about the ability to add, delete, modify etc ToodleDo tasks, I just want to be able to see a running list of my ToodleDo tasks for the day on the Apple Watch. That is all.

Aside from waiting for the ToodleDo team to release a new Apple Watch app, does anyone out there have any other ideas?

Thanks.
Purveyor

Posted: Apr 11, 2019
Two suggestions:
1. Try an iOS app that syncs with Toodledo and has an Apple Watch app.
For example: 2Do, Todo and Informant 5.

2. The name is "Toodledo" not "ToodleDo".
;-)

This message was edited Apr 11, 2019.
mlb32704

Purveyor, appreciate the suggested apps that sync with Toodledo. Did I spell that right this time? :) I think that you've been around as long as I have, wasn't it ToodleDo way back when and then it changed to Toodledo when the logo changed? In any case, my bad, thanks for pointing that out. And thanks again for the response.
Larry2

I'd also suggest TaskAngel While it actually will not install on Apple watch it does display reminders as they come due.

A couple comments on Purveyor suggestions. I agree with trying to find another app to work with Apple watch but 2Do has issues with syncing with Toodledo, especially if they are starred. Todo hasn't been updated since 2015 and Informant 5 requires an annual subscription to sync with Toodledo.
Purveyor

@mlb32704, I think I started with Toodledo a bit before you did. As far as I remember, it has always been "Toodledo".

@Larry2, I'm not thrilled with any of my suggestions but they're pretty good.
I've tested 2Do but I've never used it.
I've used (Pocket) Informant and I found it to be very powerful but too complicated.

I've been using using Appigo's Todo app on my iPhone for years and it works fine on my Watch.
It syncs nicely with Toodledo, as long as I don't use their Project or Checklist features, and I don't use Toodledo's "repeat with Parent" option for repeating subtasks.
FWIW, I really like the look of Appigo's newer app but it doesn't sync with Toodledo and their website interface is horrible.

This message was edited Apr 11, 2019.
mlb32704

Posted: Apr 12, 2019
Purveyor, the 2DO solution works great for me, thanks again.

Not only can I see a running list of my Toodledo tasks for the day on my Apple Watch's 2DO app, but 2DO has a little graph that you can set up on the main screen (they call it a watch face complication) that actually shows your progress towards completing all of your tasks for the day. Very satisfying.

I was really knocking my head against the wall trying to find a solution here. Initially I wound up using GSyncit to sync my Toodledo tasks to Outlook, then Outlook up to Google Tasks, then using an app called Gtasks to display on the Apple Watch. Worked fine initially, then crashed Toodledo all over the place on every computer and device I had, and created multiple dupes that I had to manually go in and delete, took hours, nightmare.

The 2DO setup was a cinch, immediately started populating everything and displaying on both the iOS apps on my devices as well as the Apple Watch. The only drawback that I've seen so far is that updating the queue sometimes takes a while, but that's fine.

Not sure so don't quote me but I believe that I have correctly tested this and I'm pretty sure that it works both ways - I can add, delete, modify, etc. on 2DO and it will update Toodledo, and vice versa. Without machine language, dupes, crashes, etc. So far :)

You know what would make all of this a lot easier? An actual Toodledo app for the Apple Watch 4 :)

Thanks again for heads up on 2DO Purveyor, I really appreciate it.
Larry2

Posted: Apr 12, 2019
@Purveyor, @mlb32704, I used 2do for a number of years and in fact have the Mac version on my computer. It is indeed a good app. My only problem with it was that if I starred a task in anything other than 2Do it would sync with 2Do via Toodledo OK but if I unstarred a task outside of 2Do it would remain starred in 2DO. I reported it a couple times over the last couple years and they acknowledged it and the last time I heard from them they said it would be fixed in the next release. It wasn't and still remains today. Also in the Mac version.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.