ForumsQuestionsSubtasks and emailing tasks

Subtasks and emailing tasks
Michael_49

Posted: May 11, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
Two Questions:
1) What happens to subtasks if I let my subscription lapse? Do they just become tasks? Do they stay in the same folder?

2) I just noticed this...Am I reading this correctly? eMailing tasks is NOT in the Standard Subscription? Or is this Grandfathered in?
Larry2

Posted: May 11, 2019
Score: 1 Reference
I can't speak with any authority but I would assume subtasks should become tasks. I say should but I could also see them disappearing. I suggest you contact tech support about that. I'd appreciate you posting back with what you find.

As far as email, from all reports I've seen there is no grandfathering. The level is what it is and yes you need the plus level to email tasks. I'd go ahead and ask for grandfathering but I doubt you'll get a favorable answer. If you do, a lot of us would want to be grandfathered too.

Personal opinion: I think the developers are wanting to only deal with business users and they don't care about people who were happy with the old Silver subscription. If they cared they wouldn't have jacked the price for Standard so high over Silver and taken away so much.
Duo

Posted: May 12, 2019
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Larry2:
I can't speak with any authority but I would assume subtasks should become tasks. I say should but I could also see them disappearing. I suggest you contact tech support about that. I'd appreciate you posting back with what you find.

When Jake was in charge subtasks would become tasks - I changed my subscription status a few times over the years and saw this happen more than once.

However, with the changes made by the new owners, who knows? So as Larry2 said, ask.

Posted by Larry2:

As far as email, from all reports I've seen there is no grandfathering. The level is what it is and yes you need the plus level to email tasks. I'd go ahead and ask for grandfathering but I doubt you'll get a favorable answer. If you do, a lot of us would want to be grandfathered too.

Going by what they had posted here in the forums before, the new owners didn't (and maybe still don't) know what grandfathering means in the context of existing users, pricing plans and features but it's worth a try.
Michael_49

Posted: May 15, 2019
Hi All,
Here are Toodledo's responses to my questions:

1) What happens to subtasks if I let my subscription lapse? Do they just become tasks? Do they stay in the same folder?
Yes they will just show up like subtasks are inline and in same folder.

2) I just noticed this...Am I reading this correctly? eMailing tasks is NOT in the Standard Subscription? Or is this Grandfathered in?

That's right emailing tasks is in plus subscription. I wont say it is grandfathered in. But you will be able to use it with your current toodledo email, only thing is you won't be able to change the username and settings for folder.

Hope that helps!
Larry2

Thanks for letting us know.
Duo

Thanks for the update.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.