ForumsQuestionsDangerous Bug

Dangerous Bug
SirLouen

Posted: May 14, 2019
Score: 2 Reference
For some reason, some or the Repeat: Daily tasks I completed in the last 5 days, have gotten "Stuck" without regenerating new tasks for the following day. Therefore, I've noticed today that I've been missing some dailies to see that they weren't there

To solve this I went to "COMPLETED TASKS" Tab, untick the last daily task, and tick it back. It generated a task for the next day. I did this until I had them updated

The issue? Now I feel a little that the system is treacherous and I may end missing in the future an important task for this reason
SirLouen

Posted: May 16, 2019
Score: 1 Reference
Not sure where the bug comes from yet

Yesterday it happened to me again. The only difference I found compared to other days is that yesterday at 1:00 am I had some dailies undone, so I tick them, but some of them disappeared from the tasks without "recreating" a new daily task for next day (today).
SirLouen

Posted: May 18, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
Today I've ticked a daily that was for today, and it automatically didn't create a new task for tomorrow

This message was edited May 18, 2019.
GSP1963

Posted: May 18, 2019
Score: 4 Reference
Well, I'm glad the Toodledo staff are monitoring the forums and jumping right on this post titled "Dangerous Bug." /sarcasm
SirLouen

Posted: May 20, 2019
Posted by GSP1963:
Well, I'm glad the Toodledo staff are monitoring the forums and jumping right on this post titled "Dangerous Bug." /sarcasm

Until someone from the staff answers I'm just checking Completed tasks on a daily basis. It's very tedious, but I don't know what I can do to solve this

Worst part is that I cannot even find a clear pattern of why is this happening

It would be great if other users that are experiencing this also report and see if we can find clearly what generates this bug.
Duo

I think that this has been reported by other users on these forums and I think that some people raised support tickets (although I'm not certain).

If you search you may find the relevant posts.

I consider it to be a critical bug. I can only hope that Toodledo are aware of it and are working on it as a top priority.
Anant G.

Hi, We are looking into this issue now. Will update shortly on this.
SirLouen

Posted: May 21, 2019
I've noticed that this happens more frequently when I tick multiple tasks at once.
I think that even if this tasks are overdue (for example tasks from yesterday) it triggers the bug

Example:

I left unchecked 4 dailies yesterday
Today at 9 am I tick them so they come to today
I press "R" to refresh it
And suddenly one of the 4 doesn't regenerate
SirLouen

Posted: May 22, 2019
Posted by Anant G.:

I think I have isolated the bug:

When I tick multiple Dailies at the same time and I press "R" 1 daily (the first) seems to not regenerate

This message was edited May 22, 2019.
Anant G.

Posted: May 23, 2019
Score: -1 Reference
Posted by SirLouen:
Posted by Anant G.:

I think I have isolated the bug:

When I tick multiple Dailies at the same time and I press "R" 1 daily (the first) seems to not regenerate

Okay one more thing, are you using tasks.toodledo.com or toodledo.com/tasks ?
SirLouen

Posted: May 29, 2019
tasks.toodledo.com
SirLouen

Posted: Jun 15, 2019
1 month after, still the same bug there
Anthony_Taylor

Posted: Jun 18, 2019
Hi,

I have been repeatedly reporting the same issue for about the last 6 months or more. A solution would be good.

Thanks
Clare_3

Posted: Jun 18, 2019
I just noticed this today. It happened to me in the last week.

I have a pair of weekly tasks with almost identical data, and today only one of them showed up.

After some searching, I found that the missing one was marked as complete last week, and still had its "Recurring" property - and no new task had been created.

I use the website, and iOS client (on iPhone and iPad).
SirLouen

Posted: Jun 19, 2019
Posted by Anthony Taylor:
Hi,

I have been repeatedly reporting the same issue for about the last 6 months or more. A solution would be good.

Thanks

6 months?! Thought that they were about to solve it :(
Davidpenner7

Posted: Jun 23, 2019
I have the same problem, mostly with monthly tasks. When I come to tick one as completed, the Recurring Monthly attribute has disappeared. Obviously, if I don't catch it at that time, the task never shows up next month. I have not been able to detect any pattern to when this happens. My only solution so far is to try and remember to check the Repeat column before I mark the task as completed - not a particularly reliable way of doing things.
SirLouen

Posted: Jun 27, 2019
Posted by Davidpenner7:
I have the same problem, mostly with monthly tasks. When I come to tick one as completed, the Recurring Monthly attribute has disappeared. Obviously, if I don't catch it at that time, the task never shows up next month. I have not been able to detect any pattern to when this happens. My only solution so far is to try and remember to check the Repeat column before I mark the task as completed - not a particularly reliable way of doing things.

Most unreliable tool I've ever used :(

+1 month after I created this post, every week I find 3 or 4 not rescheduled tasks I feel furious.
Anant G.

Posted: Jul 01, 2019
Hi, Our Engineers are looking into this. This bug can be traced back to 4 years. It's very hard to replicate while testing. We are restructuring our repeat logic and have plans to roll out a fix for this in next two weeks. Will push it on beta and create a forum post for users to test it.

Thanks
SirLouen

Posted: Jul 03, 2019
Posted by Anant G.:
Hi, Our Engineers are looking into this. This bug can be traced back to 4 years. It's very hard to replicate while testing. We are restructuring our repeat logic and have plans to roll out a fix for this in next two weeks. Will push it on beta and create a forum post for users to test it.

Thanks

Looking forward for this critical fix.
SirLouen

Posted: Jul 17, 2019
Any news about this topic?

2 months on board.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.