ForumsQuestionsAll content on app suddenly missing

All content on app suddenly missing
amy.phil

Posted: Jul 05, 2020
Score: 4 Reference
Hi, I’ve been using Toodledo for years. Yesterday everything seemed normal, but today all my tasks and notes are missing in the app. Everything is still there in the web version. I’m worried that if I try to sync that will wipe out all my web content, rather than importing all that to the app. Advice?
amy.phil

Score: 0 Reference
I found the “Force Toodledo to device sync” option, and now all my content is back, but the note and bell icons are overlapping with tasks that take up more than one line, the sort has changed, and there doesn’t seem to be a logic to which tasks have blue shading and which don’t. This doesn’t seem like a good upgrade at all.
james.greenbury

Having the same problem so your post is v helpful.

Can you tell me where did you find the “Force Toodledo to device sync” option?
Qmgal1

The same thing happened to me this morning. I had to go into settings - synchronization - modify account login - force toodledo to device sync. That synched them, but unfortunately, my display is now different.
pruden

All of the above, plus more: a red dot is on my Settings menu asking me to upgrade. I reaffirmed my free subscription. The red dot hasn't disappeared. Now only 31 of my 265 tasks are showing, whereas before none of them were showing. Yesterday everything was fine. This is all new this morning. Toodledo, what in the world is going on?
Anant G.

Score: 2 Reference
After an update, you need to force re-sync from web to device.

To do that :
1. Go to settings.
2. Go to Synchronization.
3. Go to Modify Account Login.
4. Tap on Force Toodledo --> Device Sync.
Mike_1301764841

All but one task disappeared from Toodledo on my iPad this morning.
What in the world happened? Very disturbing.
I see all tasks are still there when accessing from the web so I downloaded a backup as a precaution.
Those that did the resend seem to have mixed results so would like a definitive response from Toodledo before I mess my years of tasks up.

—-Mike
Vince.Del.Viscio

I deleted and re-installed the app. when I go into enter account info I can enter it but the save button is grayed out so it won't save to be able to force a sync. Can someone at Toodledo help with this. Thanks!
rdsteinberg

What's the story about tasks with and without "blue shading"???
Ranger Sir

WTF PROBLEMS Uninstalled the APP ..... Try to find in the APP store NOTHING this is not good. Thanks for ruining the weekend.
stevef219

Hey yeah! When all my tasks went missing, I uninstalled Toodledo on 2 of my IOS devices and tried to reinstall app from App store. Saying APP NOT AVAILABLE IN US. WTF? How can I force sync from web using app settings when I CAN’T INSTALL THE APP!
daisy_1594001000

Can't find the app in the App Store!!!!!
abigail_stlawrence

Posted: Jul 06, 2020
I'm glad to know I am not alone, but am still panicking. I was in and out of the app all the time yesterday as usual, and then all of a sudden, I went into the app and everything was gone. I've never logged on to the website, but checked there, and it was the same thing--the only tasks that were showing were old (like over 6 months ago) tasks that I had long since deleted. I thought maybe if I uninstall and re-install, but now the Apple App Store tells me the app is unavailable in my country/region (US). I've used this app problem-free for 8 years. But this sudden and massive problem is a HUGE issue.
monica.rico

Posted: Jul 07, 2020
Same problem here. Can't update or reinstall app -- get error messages saying it's not available in my region. Web version still works but it's 2020: people use their phones.

Added -- by going to the "purchased apps" I was able to get the new version and it has synced correctly, but am wary now... not sure I will stick with thi.

This message was edited Jul 07, 2020.
AngryToy

Posted: Jul 08, 2020
Same problem here. Been using it for years. Suddenly its complaining about a subscription. Used the trick above to force it to sync back to my device.
mfmadsen_2

Posted: Jul 09, 2020
All of my tasks were missing. I did the force sync and tasks are back but the display if off. It no longer shows the length of time for each task and instead displays a page (note), a bell (alarm) and a calendar page with 31 (I’m not sure what that is suppose to be.). It shows those things for tasks that have no note and no alarm. The edit task screen when I tap on it, displays below my screen where I can’t see it. It is as if the note which appears blank is taking up the whole screen. I want the OLD DISPLAY back. I want BLANK NOTES DELETED. I have the STANDARD PAID SUBSCRIPTION and have used it for years, but am going to look at other options if this is not fixed.
billd

Posted: Jul 12, 2020
Similar problem: App on my iPhone updated itself. All tasks were scrambled together, all were starred, all were unsorted. Display also wonky, with lines overlapping each other. Had to spend two hours putting everything back where I wanted it.
Discovered that ALL 180 notes were missing.
Everything OK on the WEB version and on my iPad, so it must be a serious glitch in the iPhone app update....
NO stars for Toodledo for sending out an untested, bug-riddled update!
djdseven

Try this:

Open mobile app
Click Notes at bottom of screen
Top of screen should show All Notes
Under that click Folder......More
You should see all your synced notes
Sandra_1301278716

Ugh! Similar problems to all of you and I deleted the app with the intention to reinstall and there's no app anymore. Toodledo, where are you??

This message was edited Jul 12, 2020.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.