ForumsQuestionshow to batch delete completed tasks

how to batch delete completed tasks
louise_1297540325

Posted: Jul 16, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
I'm in the process of moving out of Toodledo into Remember the Milk. I imported all my data this morning and I've come across a really big problem in migrating to it. Part of it involves an issue with Toodledo.

Before subscribing to RTM, I spent a couple of weeks of full time days, massively reducing my Toodledo tasks before moving to RTM. I manually moved thousands of tasks / projects / ideas into Evernote, then checked off those tasks in Toodledo, thinking they were gone forever (haha..). I did that in order to simplify my entry into RTM, also to reduce the possible loss I might have if my data Toodledo went south before I managed to move it into RTM.

Unfortunately......

When I clicked those tasks as completed in Toodledo, they weren't really gone. Apparently Toodledo still saved them. So when I imported my tasks into RTM, those thousands of supposedly-deleted tasks went into "completed" tasks in RTM

That would be just fine, I would simply delete them all in RTM, except....

Those legitimately to-be-deleted tasks somehow got mixed up in the export with a big bunch of *not-yet completed* tasks. The latter are scheduled for future dates in Toodledo. But for some reason in the export/import, they got moved into "completed" tasks, along with the ones that I did mean to delete. Along with every single iteration of daily / weekly recurring and completed tasks I've checked off in Toodledo for who knows how long.

Yup, it's a mess. One huge bucket of bolts, containing....

1- tasks I thought I had completely deleted in Toodledo
2- uncompleted tasks scheduled for the future, for some reason moved into "completed" tasks when I exported to RTM
2- completed recurring tasks, listed over and over and over again.

I've already contacted tech support at RTM. I'm guessing they're going to tell me to completely delete the tasks I don't want to move into RTM, wipe out what I currently have in RTM, start with a clean slate, then import into RTM just the tasks I want to keep. I've asked tech support at RTM how so many as-yet-uncompleted tasks got into their completed folder. But that's not something for this forum to help me with.

This is what I'd like help with from you folks:
How the heck do I do a batch delete those thousands of tasks in Toodledo, so I can create that clean slate? I've seen that you can do that via a search with specific criteria. But the only thing they all have in common is that they've all been checked as completed. Thousands of recurring and supposedly-deleted tasks, each with its own little trashcan icon. I suppose I could click those little trashcans thousands of times, but...

I'm hoping I don't have to.

(help).
jogo

Posted: Jul 17, 2020
(In Toodledo) you can use the search criteria [Checked Off = yes] to select all the completed tasks.

Then I assume you can delete them all with the batch edit by turning on the "delete task" selection and pressing "save". I haven't verified this as I don't want to delete my completed tasks.

Cheers,
- John
louise_1297540325

Posted: Jul 17, 2020
Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.