ForumsQuestionsToodledo export file corrupted

Toodledo export file corrupted
louise_1297540325

Posted: Jul 17, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
I've been trying to export my Toodledo tasks into Remember the Milk, but the data that shows up in RTM is seriously messed up.

This is clearly a Toodledo problem.

I started out with about a couple of thousand tasks in Toodledo. Spent a couple of weeks painstakingly copying and pasting almost every one of them into Evernote, to protect that data in case Toodledo went south before I managed to switch.

I reduced all those tasks down to 139.

Backed up Toodledo, imported the file into RTM. But what showed up in RTM was those thousands of tasks, mostly in their "completed" section. I would just delete all, of them, except that I'm seeing legitimate *uncompleted* tasks in there --all mixed up with completed tasks. There's no way I'm going to take a fine-tooth comb through all of them to make sure I've saved all the uncompleted ones. Even more annoying since there's no way to change a tasks from completed to uncompleted in RTM. I would have to copy and paste every one of them into new tasks, including their notes.

Okay..........

So I started over. Wiped everything from RTM. Carefully deleted every *completed* task from Toodledo. When I look at "all tasks" in Toodledo, including completed tasks, there's NOTHING there with a checkbox indicating it's been completed.

Now according to Toodledo, I only have 139 tasks, none of them completed.

Did the backup again, imported to RTM. But RTM still shows those thousands of tasks, with uncompleted and completed tasks all mixed together, marked as completed.

I've tried signing out of Toodledo and starting over several times. But no matter what I do, that backup file, still includes tons of tasks that I thought were GONE. What the heck is going on here? (arrghh...)

This message was edited Jul 18, 2020.
louise_1297540325

Posted: Jul 17, 2020
Does this mean i need to manually enter all my valid, uncompleted tasks into RTM?
If so, what's the point of their import option?

It clearly isn't working, and it does look like this is NOT a problem with RTM. Toodledo is having me backup and export tasks that I have wiped completely out of their database.
jansietse

Posted: Jul 18, 2020
I also made the move from Toodledo to RTM. It is a bit getting used to, but okay. In the backup-file there are uncompleted tasks, but RTM should recognize them. So you import all the tasks, and when it is done the active tasks should be in the tab 'Incomplete' and the old completed tasks should be in the tab 'Completed'.

I have noticed some active tasks shown up in BOTH tabs. Those were repeating tasks, but all active tasks were at the proper place.
There were some others that would not show up properly in certain views. Most of the times it was because the Due Date was not filled when it was a repeating task (they were relatively new). So I corrected those and then they would show up properly.

Maybe it would have to be faster to enter the tasks by hand, since I reviewed all of them to clean up a bit. But it works for now.

Another option would be to export the Active Tasks as CSV, load them up in Excel and copy-paste into New tasks in RTM.
louise_1297540325

Posted: Jul 18, 2020
My point is that they are NOT showing up correctly. The uncompleted tasks are showing up all mixed up with the completed tasks.

What's more --and what's much worse-- instead of 149 misfiled tasks to be manually copied and pasted into the correct folder, I'm getting a couple of THOUSAND tasks to sort, all mixed up with those 149 tasks. I'd have to keep checking in Toodledo, to make sure I'm saving the correct ones.

It does appear that the only way to solve this is to manually move all my tasks, one at a time, from Toodledo to RTM. Doing that for 149 tasks would take less time than I've already spent trying to solve this problem. Certainly much less time than manually editing a couple of thousand tasks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.