ForumsQuestionsChrome Extension

Chrome Extension
LSF_2

Posted: Oct 17, 2021
Score: 0 Reference
I’ve found an extension for Chrome which works very well, but it seems this is not being developed further.

Any ideas whether this is correct or not?
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Oct 18, 2021
Which Chrome extension are you using?
LSF_2

Posted: Oct 19, 2021
I am not sure, but I have copied the following information:

Description
A native Chrome app for Toodledo.
Version
Size
< 1 MB
Permissions
This extension requires no special permissions
Site access
This extension has no additional site access.
View in Chrome Web Store
Source
Chrome Web Store

Whoever it is, it is absolutely first class. I really hope that it is yours.

This message was edited Oct 19, 2021.
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Hi Toby -

I believe this is a 3rd party app here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/toodledo/dfdhbdeglbgndaidoemggjfkeopfcedd

And it seems that you are correct, it is no longer in active development, but should continue to function so long as google doesn't make any breaking changes to Chrome.
LSF_2

Thanks.

Are you planning to do something similar as this is first class?

I also use Taskangel which also compliments your service very well too.
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Oct 21, 2021
Unfortunately, we don't currently have plans for this at the moment.

However, if it's something that we hear a lot of users request, or if this current one stops working, we may consider it in the future.
martingchapman

Posted: Oct 24, 2021
Chrome and Gmail extensions are essential for any task manager as a way of easily and quickly adding tasks.
They must also have the ability to set all task parameters from the extension interface.

Toby,
I am using the "Add to Toodledo" extension which can be found in the Chrome Web Store here:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/add-to-toodledo/hdmhiihcenipfdlmkdlhmgijjimlpkim
Version
Updated
16 June 2021
Size
230KiB
It works very well and as you can see was last updated 16 June 2021.

PamelaH,
Although the above extension works very well, it could one day disappear so it is essential that you add a Gmail/Chrome extension into your plans so that you have it developed and in place long term in case this happens.

BTW
I have had an account since October 2010 but when Jake first sold the business, along with many others, I quickly lost faith in the new owners and moved to the Dark Side (Remember the Milk) as this service was still being developed and supported.
However I maintained a free account with Toodledo (was Silver) and kept a watch on the forums (until they disappeared!).

Looking at your plans so far with Toodledo has given me hope that the service will continue to be supported and improved, so I have taken out a Standard subscription (to help support you) and started using Toodledo again as my Task manager.

I would reiterate what many others have said that the main attraction of Toodledo is the simple (spreadsheet like) web interface that shows as many tasks as possible with all their relevant parameters fully visible all the time.
Please do not change this principle, fancy/colourful interfaces are all very well but nothing beats the current Toodledo layout (and I have tried very many of the competitors)
By all means improve the mobile apps (they need it) and continue to develop new features but listen to your loyal user base and keep the principle format the same.

Looking forward to another 11-plus years of service from the best Task Manager service around.
Laurence_1573215849

Instead of running an extension, try pinning the tab in Chrome and have it always running. Faster to access even if it takes a little more resources.
LSF_2

Posted by martingchapman:
Chrome and Gmail extensions are essential for any task manager as a way of easily and quickly adding tasks.
They must also have the ability to set all task parameters from the extension interface.

Toby,
I am using the "Add to Toodledo" extension which can be found in the Chrome Web Store here:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/add-to-toodledo/hdmhiihcenipfdlmkdlhmgijjimlpkim
Version
Updated
16 June 2021
Size
230KiB
It works very well and as you can see was last updated 16 June 2021.

PamelaH,
Although the above extension works very well, it could one day disappear so it is essential that you add a Gmail/Chrome extension into your plans so that you have it developed and in place long term in case this happens.

BTW
I have had an account since October 2010 but when Jake first sold the business, along with many others, I quickly lost faith in the new owners and moved to the Dark Side (Remember the Milk) as this service was still being developed and supported.
However I maintained a free account with Toodledo (was Silver) and kept a watch on the forums (until they disappeared!).

Looking at your plans so far with Toodledo has given me hope that the service will continue to be supported and improved, so I have taken out a Standard subscription (to help support you) and started using Toodledo again as my Task manager.

I would reiterate what many others have said that the main attraction of Toodledo is the simple (spreadsheet like) web interface that shows as many tasks as possible with all their relevant parameters fully visible all the time.
Please do not change this principle, fancy/colourful interfaces are all very well but nothing beats the current Toodledo layout (and I have tried very many of the competitors)
By all means improve the mobile apps (they need it) and continue to develop new features but listen to your loyal user base and keep the principle format the same.

Looking forward to another 11-plus years of service from the best Task Manager service around.

Thanks for the information here. I have installed the extension but can you please advise how I launch it?

As regards you r comments about the attraction of Toodledo, I wholeheartedly agree with this.
LSF_2

Posted by Laurence_1573215849:
Instead of running an extension, try pinning the tab in Chrome and have it always running. Faster to access even if it takes a little more resources.

Can you give some assistance on how to achieve this, please?
martingchapman

Posted: Oct 25, 2021
Toby,
re - Launching the extension;

In Chrome
Left click on the extension icon (a blue tick with an orange circle with a plus sign in it) which should be in the extension bar (between the search bar and your avatar, top right of the page), this will launch the extension as a pop up form.
To change the extension settings or reward the developer with a micro payment right click on the icon.
If you don't see the icon there then you need to pin it to the extension bar, see instructions here - https://www.groovypost.com/howto/pin-extensions-on-the-chrome-toolbar/

In GMail
Open the email you want to create a task from and at the top (in with all the GMail icons) you should see a blue tick with the words *Add to Toodledo" next to it, click here to launch the extension in a pop up form. There should also be a circle icon with a plus sign in it, if you click this it will add the email to Toodledo using the extensions default settings

HTH
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted by martingchapman:
PamelaH,

Noted, and we have added this to our backlog. We appreciate the feedback and support!

Absolutely agree, we have no plans to change the basic, simple spreadsheet interface, and any additional views we support in the future will be completely optional.
martingchapman

PamelaH,
That's great news, and thanks for listening and replying.
Bodes very well for the future.
Laurence_1573215849

Posted: Oct 31, 2021
Posted by Toby Goldsmith:
Posted by Laurence_1573215849:

Can you give some assistance on how to achieve this, please?

Right click on the tab in Chrome, select "Pin"
kralon20

Posted: Nov 01, 2021
I'll second what was stated above. The spreadsheet-like layout is why I'm here. In addition, the Hotlist, search and all the different ways to slice and dice your lists are frosting on the cake (folders, tags, etc.).

An option for more relaxed line spacing like Gmail provides would be welcomed, but it's not a deal breaker.

I signed up for a subscription as well, mainly to support the ongoing efforts to move TD forward.
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Nov 02, 2021
Posted by kralon20:
I'll second what was stated above. The spreadsheet-like layout is why I'm here. In addition, the Hotlist, search and all the different ways to slice and dice your lists are frosting on the cake (folders, tags, etc.).

An option for more relaxed line spacing like Gmail provides would be welcomed, but it's not a deal breaker.

I signed up for a subscription as well, mainly to support the ongoing efforts to move TD forward.

Thank you for the feedback and your support!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.