ForumsQuestionsEditing the description of a to do task adds html code on select

Editing the description of a to do task adds html code on select
Sean Forman

Posted: Nov 19, 2021
Score: 0 Reference
When I enter text in the description below the to do item the text shows appropriately, but when I return to edit it again it adds in html like

br style="user-select: auto;"

to the end of the line. See the screen shot below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4n76qzpqcue3gsn/Screen%20Shot%202021-11-19%20at%205.56.54%20PM.png?dl=0
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Nov 19, 2021
Hi Sean -
Thanks for letting us know about this! Out of curiosity, are you manually typing those dates in, or using some kind of hotkey or copy/paste from somewhere to add them in?
Sean Forman

Posted: Nov 22, 2021
I'm typing them in myself.
Sean Forman

Posted: Nov 27, 2021
An update?
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Nov 28, 2021
Hi Sean -

I'm so sorry for the delay! I've tried several ways to reproduce this and I haven't been able to. Would you mind providing a few more details?

What browser are you using?
Does this happen to all of your tasks, or just certain ones?
Are you adding these tasks via the website, email, mobile app, or some other way?
If you delete the HTML, does it come back?
J--O--D

Posted: Nov 29, 2021
This seems to be a multiline view on the "legacy" and not supported view on www.toodledo.com/task. If you use the "new standard" (for several years) on tasks.toodledo.com, does this issue also appear?
Sean Forman

Posted: Dec 03, 2021
I'm not seeing it anymore now. It appears to be fixed.
Srewolf

Posted: Dec 08, 2021
I had a similar problem(?) with task notes, which now seems to be fixed. If I had a string which said "&-not", it got changed to "¬". So for example, a URL which included "&-notebook" got mutated and broken. I was just going to report this and found that it now seems to be fixed. (I use tasks.toodledo.com).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.