ForumsQuestionsAssignor Questions

Assignor Questions
Jamie Beedy

Posted: Jun 06, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I have a pro account and my assistants have the free accounts. I'm sharing my account with them, thru Collaboration and they can see my list. But in my list, in the assigned to pull down, the only name that shows up is myself.

So the question is, what do I need to do to get their names to show up in the Assigned to field? Do I need to purchase them a Pro Account as well?? They just need to have read access. In fact, that all I want them to have.

I'd purchase them a pro user account, but, this assistant job is an entry level position, and there tends to be somewhat high turn over, so I don't want to have to purchase several of these each year for each assistant that come in.

Anyone have any advice on this???

Thanks

Jamie
Colin A

Someone else might help with the mechanics of collaboration...but if you have to have seperate Pro accounts (and the people using them might chage) - why not register the accounts in your name (you're paying after all) and but with individual screen names - these can be changed in your account settings at anytime (I used to use my whole name then changed it to how it is now...so if they change just change their name...should work OK...perhaps test it with one first!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The "assigned to" field is where you would assign tasks to your assistants. Since your assistants have a free account, they are limited to read-only sharing, which is why you cannot assign tasks to them. If you upgrade them to Pro, it will enable you to add and edit their tasks.

Hope that helps.
jeff.wright.co

Posted: Feb 24, 2009
Can I populate the ASSIGNED TO drop down list with my co-workers names so I can keep track of tasks that they would be doing. I could use tags, but I'd rather use the ASSIGNED TO field just to keep project manage (track) sub tasks in an overall project.

How can I populate the ASSIGNED TO drop down list?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We dont have a field called "Assigned to", so I'm not sure I understand what you are referring to. We have "Assignor" which is automatically filled with the name of the person who gave you the task. We also have a "Reassign" column which allows you to reassign the task to someone else and move it to their list.
jhochroth

I would like my assistant to be notified when I assign a task to them. Even more ideal would be another notification if I update a task, but I could live without that if I had the first feature. We both have pro accounts and I'm able to assign tasks to them, but they don't know when a new task has come in if they aren't hawking over their task list.

If this is not a current feature do you know if anyone has made a script or plug in that does the same?
jeff.wright.co

Posted: Feb 25, 2009
When I open a new task there is an ASSIGNED TO drop down list. The only person in it is MYSELF. I would like to be able to create tasks where I'm overseeing a task, but have provided it to someone else to complete. They would NOT have a Toodledo account and therefore it's only for my "follow-up" purposes.

Look at the posting in this thread from Tooledo on June 6, 2008 where one of your staff said there IS an ASSIGNED TO field:

Posted: Jun 06, 2008 Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "assigned to" field is where you would assign tasks to your assistants. Since your assistants have a free account, they are limited to read-only sharing, which is why you cannot assign tasks to them. If you upgrade them to Pro, it will enable you to add and edit their tasks.
Claudio

Posted by jeff.wright.co:
They would NOT have a Toodledo account and therefore it's only for my "follow-up" purposes.
They must have a Toodledo Pro account for you to be able to "Assign" a task to them.

You could use Tags for each person.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, I would use tags. When adding a new tasks the "Assigned To" box is only there so you can add the task directly to one of your collaborators lists. They need to have a Toodledo account for this to work.

In answer to jhochroth, there are not currently notifications when shared tasks get modified, but we have this on our to-do list.
jhochroth

Posted: Jun 02, 2009
Any update on this?

Posted: 02/25/2009
+ - Score: 0 Quote

Yes, I would use tags. When adding a new tasks the "Assigned To" box is only there so you can add the task directly to one of your collaborators lists. They need to have a Toodledo account for this to work.

In answer to jhochroth, there are not currently notifications when shared tasks get modified, but we have this on our to-do list.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 02, 2009
Sorry, no update. Still on our list. We'll post in the forums when we have an update.
rom1

Posted: Sep 09, 2009
Hi, any update on this, i would be ***very*** happy with this feature as i'm tracking my interns all over the day!
Erik

Posted: Sep 10, 2009
Would be a very usable feature for me too. :)
Dave

Posted: Dec 13, 2009
I apologize for seeming ignorant about why there isn't a basic "Assigned To" capability REGARDLESS if they are TD users.

Not everyone I deal with - clients, consultants, nor even all of my employees - use TD. It seems basic to be able to add a simple name. Tags are a work-around - but basic name tracking, sorting, selecting seems so important when tracking multiple tasks / sub-tasks.
Linden

Posted: Dec 13, 2009
I think the main reason is that Toodledo was primarily designed for managing one's own projects. There are lots of ways to add custom information if someone feels a need for a field that isn't already present -- in the notes, tags, or as part of a task name.

While I agree that something like "Assigned to" should prove very useful for people working collaboratively, I find it hard to believe that it's a unreasonable gap in the software.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 14, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion. We may add this in a future update. In the meantime, you can add this information in a tag or note, or even a folder if that works with your system.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.