ForumsQuestionsUpdate for Printing Stars?

Update for Printing Stars?
J-Mac

Posted: Jun 06, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Stars on tasks still do not print. I just tried again in Firefox 2, Internet Explorer 7, and Opera.

Is a fix for this forthcoming? Or is this going to stay as is?

Thanks!

Jim
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 06, 2008
We are trying to find a solution. A current workaround is to print with background images turned on.
J-Mac

Posted: Jun 08, 2008
Thanks Jake. Although printing with background images on has not worked for me. I tried both with and without background images in Firefox 2.0.0.14, IE 7, and Opera 9.25. All showed a few stars, but not most.

Actually I have never seen a printed copy of Toodledo tasks with all the stars showing. Are you saying that you ARE seeing all the stars on any printout? If so, can you tell me which browser and version?

A suggestion that would make it a little easier to know whether I am looking at a printout of my Starred tasks or Hotlist: Place a header on the printout that identifies what sort it is. The other day I printed out both my Starred list and my Hotlist. Later in the day when I was going over the lists I realized I had no idea which was which! Each printed page showed a few stars but most were not showing on both, and both printouts happened to have exactly 16 tasks!

If there was some indication of what sort is on the report, then as long as the header says "Starred", I would know they are all my starred tasks, even if the stars are not correctly showing. Right now I have no way of knowing unless I physically write it on the report with a pen.

Thanks!

Jim

EDIT: I "misspoke" above: The sort does show at the top, but not the actual report title. E.g., my Starred tab is then sorted by status, so "Status" does show. But my Hotlist is also sorted by Status. So I guess I am suggesting that the Tab for the report show up next to the Sort info. Jim

This message was edited Jun 08, 2008.
J-Mac

BTW, I am printing these reports on a Canon PIXMA MP 830 All-In-One using the three browsers I mentioned in the post above.

If some users are seeing the stars when they select background images, and can report what printers and browsers they are using, we might be able to narrow down which printer/browser combinations work and which do not.

Thanks again,

Jim
J-Mac

This gets weirder with everything I try!!

I just tried printing the Starred Tasks sort again in Firefox 2.0.0.14 with Background printing enabled. 4 of 15 stars printed.

I then tried again but this time I printed to a PDF document. I opened the PDF and on that page only 3 stars are showing. But they are completely 3 different tasks than the page printed on my Canon MP830!!

Then I printed the PDF page and the same 3 stars that show on screen also printed, which is good. In Firefox ALL stars show on the screen, but only 4 printed.

Gets confusing after a while!

BTW, this certainly is not a killer for me, Jake. I can live with Toodledo as is until a fix is eventually found, so don't put this high on your priority list.

Thanks!

Jim
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, it certainly is very strange, and we don't really know what is going on, but we have some ideas that we are testing out. Since background image printing seems to be buggy in various browsers, we'll probably have to implement the stars using a different method.
J-Mac

Posted: Jun 17, 2008
Not sure if you fixed this or what, but my stars just started printing.

Spooling time increased, and it took a LOT of CPU to do it, but the stars are printing!

Thanks!

Jim
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 17, 2008
We have found a solution, but we haven't implemented it yet, so I don't know how it started working for you, but I'm glad that it did.
J-Mac

Posted: Jun 18, 2008
Posted by Toodledo:
We have found a solution, but we haven't implemented it yet, so I don't know how it started working for you, but I'm glad that it did.

That's odd. I have printed a total of 6 reports since then and all show the stars perfectly.

Hmmm.. I did upgrade to Firefox 3RC2, and then tonight to the full release of Firefox 3. Could that be it?

Thanks!

Jim
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 18, 2008
That is almost certainly it, since the stars not printing in the first place is a web browser bug.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.