ForumsQuestionsRevamped web app?

Revamped web app?
pentatonic

Posted: May 18, 2022
Score: 2 Reference
I have been using Toodledo for years; occasionally switched to other task managers, but always came back to Toodledo due to its customization capabilities and ultra stability and near flawless synching experience between devices.

Yet something always bugged me: the dated look of the app, and the web site. Not the functionality, just the look and feel of it.

I know there is a lot of buzz around the next gen iOS and Android apps. (that's great!)

Is there some revamping going on for the web app itself? While at work during the day, I spend most of my time in the browser so it's a large portion of my Toodledo experience.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: May 19, 2022
Score: 3 Reference
Hi there,

Great question!
Yes, we agree... The look and feel of the web-app could use a facelift too ;-)
Actually, this is next on our Roadmap. Once the new mobile apps are settled, we will give the webapp a light update with new sharper logos and colors.
This will happen probably towards late summer this year!
Peter Scott

Posted: May 20, 2022
Score: 7 Reference
Please be careful. "Modern" web appearance emphasizes big fonts and lots of whitespace. This would destroy the principal advantage of the task UI, the fitting of dozens of rows with a dozen attributes each on a single screen. I depend on that detail to handle the complexity of many interrelated tasks matching a search. If I wanted Remember The Milk I know where to find it.
jogo

Score: 4 Reference
Posted by Peter Scott:
Please be careful. "Modern" web appearance emphasizes big fonts and lots of whitespace. This would destroy the principal advantage of the task UI, the fitting of dozens of rows with a dozen attributes each on a single screen. I depend on that detail to handle the complexity of many interrelated tasks matching a search. If I wanted Remember The Milk I know where to find it.

100% agree.
creinhard

Score: 4 Reference
I agree with "Be Careful".

Toodledo's layout is as close to a spreadsheet as I've seen (and for me a spreadsheet has maximum visual efficiency).

I've tried (and dismissed) other to-do apps because their layout was "cute", "modern", "familiar (to Outlook)", etc.

Chris
martingchapman

Posted: May 21, 2022
Score: 5 Reference
Posted by Peter Scott:

!00% agree from me too.
The Major advantage of TD over all other task managers (and I have tried most of them) is the clean, simple, compact spread sheet type web interface.
This shows the maximum information in the minimum of space, which to me is far more important than it looking "modern" or "pretty" etc.
There are loads of other task managers that have White Space, Colours, Emoji's, Kanban Boards, Action Cards etc none of which are of any use to me as you have to scroll; up/down/sideways to see your tasks and associated details.

TD is the best fit for what I need in a task manager, maximum interface in minimum space.

By all means add sharper logos and colours, but don't spend loads of time sprucing up the interface, there are other things that need fixing (such as integrating Lists with Tasks, so you can easily turn a list item into a Task which would actually make Lists useable).
SnowLeopard

Posted: May 21, 2022
Score: 3 Reference
I really hope any redesign does not make for less info on the screen. I don't care how it looks as long as the functionality and ease-of-use are there.
.J.O.D.

Posted: May 23, 2022
Score: 1 Reference
Basically, keep the Grid view. Do whatever you want with multi-line view only:-) But as you say "logo and color change", I am not afraid.
frogboy

Posted: May 24, 2022
I would agree, largely. Keep the spreadsheet feel.

Though some color options and graphical improvements might be good.

Icons/Colors for Folders, Contexts alongside some themed colour choices might be enough.
Scott Florack

Posted: Jun 06, 2022
I don't see Toodledo making major UI changes (but what do I know). Regardless, add my vote to keeping the interface as more "spreadsheet based". The approach is unique and simple.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.