ForumsQuestionsAdvertisement Area on Next Gen Desktop Site

Advertisement Area on Next Gen Desktop Site
mlb32704

Posted: Oct 07, 2023
Score: 0 Reference
There is a new advertisement area in the lower left hand corner of the next gen desktop site (tasks.toodledo.com).

I hate ads :)

Can’t Toodledo figure out a way to drive enough revenue from the subscriber base so that it doesn’t have to ruin the app and desktop site with ads?

This message was edited Oct 07, 2023.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Hi mlb32704,

Thanks for the heads-up.
The annoying ad section is by design ;-)
All you need to do is subscribe to get rid of it!

Thanks
mlb32704

Hasnain, if I had the need for any additional functionality that is being provided by a Toodledo subscription, I would subscribe. Unfortunately, I am perfectly fine with the basic, non-subscriber based functionality and do not need a subscription. And I'm not going to pay Toodledo to remove ads, sorry.

This message was edited Oct 07, 2023.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Oct 11, 2023
Posted by mlb32704:
Hasnain, if I had the need for any additional functionality that is being provided by a Toodledo subscription, I would subscribe. Unfortunately, I am perfectly fine with the basic, non-subscriber based functionality and do not need a subscription. And I'm not going to pay Toodledo to remove ads, sorry.

Hi mlb32704

Is it possible your settings were routing you to the old Toodledo desktop site before? The ads have been on tasks.toodledo.com for many years (first added by the previous owners).

We do invite free users (especially long time free users!) to upgrade to a paid subscription to help support the foundation of Toodledo that they're using (as there's no external investor or big corporation at play here!)
It's great to hear the foundation of Toodledo capabilities has been useful to you during your personal 13 years with the tool!
Toodledo does have ongoing costs incurred for the users using the (as you point out, very generous set of) "basic" functionality you've been using: hosting, maintaining and modernizing the codebase, developing and iterating on the apps, providing support (and replying to these messages here on the forums!), etc.. (And of course needs sources of money of some sort to cover these!)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.