ForumsQuestionsOngoing Next Gen Issues, No More Support Tickets for Free Users?

Ongoing Next Gen Issues, No More Support Tickets for Free Users?
mlb32704

Posted: Jan 03, 2024
Score: 0 Reference
I'm not sure if the new Next Gen release has fixed my specific syncing issues, it will take some time to test and monitor on my end. Not sure if anyone else is running into this, but my Tasks have not always been syncing, sometimes between Windows and iOS, sometimes between different devices, and sometimes I am getting duplicate entries, either immediately after creating a task, or some time afterwards. I have shared some examples of these behaviors with Toodledo Support, hopefully they incorporated fixes for these issues in the latest release. I am keeping both of my two support tickets on this subject open until I am sure that they have been resolved.

On the subject of support tickets, I am shocked and disappointed in Toodledo's decision to limit free users to a total of two (2) support tickets, at which time we would have to purchase a subscription to submit any further support tickets. Moreover, this change was made without any warning, so Toodledo is telling me that I've already used up my two (2) support tickets. I have absolutely no need whatsoever for any of the additional functionality provided by way of either the Standard and Plus subscriptions, I am perfectly fine with the free version. I was fine with all of the previous free versions and actually liked them better. I paid Toodledo when I purchased the application, and I have continuously supported Toodledo on my time and my dime, providing detailed examples of issues and capturing information in the field to help them diagnose and troubleshoot. I shouldn't have to suddenly pay Toodledo to submit a support ticket for issues on their end, we're not talking about enhancements or wish list items. Maybe the time to unveil a new support ticket policy like this would be AFTER the application is stable, not during the troubleshooting phase.

For now, the application works good enough for me to use on a daily basis. I can manage the data sync issues as they arise. Since I'm out of support tickets, I will simply use these forums to report "bugs", which is now the only way for free users that have used up their support tickets to get word to Toodledo on new issues.

In the mean time, if Toodledo wants my specific input on an issue, or asks for help in resolving a problem, or paying attention and capturing information on a bug, etc. then it will cost them one support ticket per issue. Seems fair.

This message was edited Jan 04, 2024.
mlb32704 Post deleted
mlb32704 Post deleted
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Jan 04, 2024
Hi there,

No hard feelings but the limit for support tickets was implemented by Jake back in 2009:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/2483/-1/cutting-back-on-free-support-tickets.html

You can always email us also at: [email protected]

This message was edited Jan 04, 2024.
mlb32704

Posted: Jan 04, 2024
Oh, OK, well that's the first that I'm hearing about it, and you gave no advanced warning before reintroducing some policy that Jake implemented years ago. Maybe next time give everyone a heads up, especially those who have already used up their two free Support Tickets like me. I will make a note of the email address and use that for support requests going forward. Thank you.
mlb32704

Posted: Jan 05, 2024
Update...

Yesterday, the Support Ticket page told me that I had a maximum of two (2) support tickets as a free user, that I had used up those two (2) support tickets already, and that if I wanted to submit additional support tickets, I would have to pay for a subscription.

Today, the Support Ticket page says that there are six (6) tickets in the queue, and that the wait time for a new ticket is about one (1) business day. In other words, the policy has changed back to where it was a few days ago.

Somebody got smart and decided that limiting support tickets for free users is a bad idea.

Thank you.
NewLifetimePlus2019Aug

Posted: Jan 06, 2024
Score: 1 Reference
I worked in the software industry for a few decades and I don't remember any small companies that would give *unlimited* support to unpaid users. At least not any that are still in business. That would be suicide for a small company. Not a wise financial decision.

There should be a reasonable limit of some kind. 30 days, 90 days, whatever.

If someone is serious about using an app long term, they should help pay the ongoing server/hosting and maintenance costs.

Or get their support from a peer / user forum.

And no, I don't have any connection to the company or any of its employees,

I just want to see ToodleDo stay in business for another 20 or 30 years by making good financial decisions for all of the users (like me).

One subscription payment is not an unreasonable ask.

The ToodleDo people can't say this, but I can (as a paying customer for 12 years).
mlb32704

Posted: Jan 10, 2024
We agree to disagree.

This message was edited Jan 10, 2024.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.